View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Standard Chartered Bank: Question

I had been a customer of Standard Chartered Bank when i was working in India. I have some 4 lacks + in that account right now. I never really used that account in ages (at least 7 years) now. Now, I wanted to order a check book (Need to pay for something in India) so that I can write a check.
Regularly I get the statements generated to my email and every year, tax receipts arrive at my door step.

Since i havent been using the account itself, I had not kept track of my T-pin (telephone pin i think) or my bank card.

i called the customer services requesting them to send me a new checkbook. They wanted my old registered phone number as identification. Its been close 10 years ago that account was registered and I dont have that old number.

They are now saying they cant help me if I dont get the number. How do I get around this? Of course I don't want to lose 4 + lacks. They claim they have no other way to verify my identity. Seriously?

I asked how come they are sending emails/ mails regularly without knowing whom I am. But the customer service guy is adamantly maintaining he cant go through the call without me naming my old registered India number.

What should I do? I really need the check book. I told them I need to talk to the manager, who, of course is never available. How do I get around this?