View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Standard Chartered Bank: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
You are supposed to update your phone numbers and such stuff. Inactive accounts are prone to forgery and scams. Meanwhile, if you have the online login you can transfer to a reliable relative/friend and have them issue a check.
I know, i should have updated my contact details. My fault. Its just that, I nevere really even think about that account as i dont use it. Lesson learned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Rather than the call way, try if you can email any 'Relationship Manager' worked for my HDFC Securities where i had never accessed the account.
Thanks for the suggestion, I did email one of the relationship managers and he responded saying he will look into this matter and will provide me with a course of action in 24 hours time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
As per RBI guidelines any account not used for a period of two years (?) is termed inactive and to reactivate it you have to go in person to the branch or any branch in India with your identity proof and fill a form to reactivate your account.
The account is not dormant. I have lots of equity in it and small money does gets deposited into that account periodically.