View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:52 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Islamabad to demand handing over of Most Wanted terrorists from Delhi

Pak Foreign minister had earlier said that US was wining and dining Hafeez Saeed and Haqqani netwrok 20-30 years back and now wants Pak to act against them. Now looks like hafeez saeed has taken offense

Hafiz Saeed sends Khawaja Asif Rs100m defamation notice

The notice, served by Advocate AK Dogar under Section 8 of the Defamation Ordinance of 2002, claims that Saeed is "respected as a deeply religious and devout Muslim".

"I will be failing in my duty as a lawyer if I do not remind you of the Fundamental Right enshrined in Article 14 that [the] dignity of man is guaranteed by our Constitution," it continues.

The notice accuses Asif of "an absolute lie and falsehood that Hafiz Muhammad Saeed is one of those persons who had been the darlings of Americans and had been dining and wining in the White House."

"I have been advised by Hafiz Muhammad Saeed to tell you that he has never been near the White House, not to speak of wined and dined. It is shocking to know that the foreign minister of my country is accusing Hafiz Muhammad Saeed of taking wine. This is abusive language and can never be used about my client. He is [a] patriotic Islam loving Muslim following the dictates of [the] Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him). This is a defamatory statement punishable under Section 500 of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) to five years imprisonment and with [a] fine."

Dogar provides the definition of defamation as under Section 499 of the PPC: "Whoever by words either spoken or intended to be read makes any imputation concerning any person so as to harm his reputation is said to defame that person."