View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sutradarji ... what does it cost to run this site?

Tantu and landya I really thank you for your concerns. However, I have NEVER and will NEVER demand donations for sake of running this site. Those of you who contributed on your own. Its a great thing. It helped and it does help. As recent as last week I got two separate donations of 150 and 50 bucks! I thank those two members and dont mind sharing their names if they agree.

Even if I were not to sell this site, I would have kept the participation the same as before - FREE! The reason I put up the donation icons (PayPal, Amazon) is to see if some folks would like to help. Believe me I dont make a penny from this site. Whatever I get is a small amount which is definitely helpful in running this site.

If I was going to ask you for money, I would not sell the site. I dont want money for sake of mercy, pity or anything. Its like this - if you feel you can contribute, then good, if you dont then also its as good. If this were a commercial venture with money making in mind, I think you would have seen a different format already.

So many folks ask me, why dont you start ads like craigslist and charge folks, why dont you sell tickets to movies and make money, etc,. etc. Well, if I wanted to do that then I would not have created echarcha.com for our regular timepass.