View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharing the cost to run this site?

I dont know why, but sometime I feel doing things in unplanned manner is better than doing it planned fashion. I think this donation thing falls in that category.

To me donations should be anonymous and should be in give-it-when-you-can-and-when-you-wish manner. I can understand uneasiness cha pai mentioned. Though we dont have such people in here, somebody can think this move of sharing cost of this site as consortium buying or leasing a site. Other thing is inability of some persons (especially people living in India because of conversion rate) to donate. This would give them sense that they are less important to site than people who donate regularly. I agree we should share some of his burden, but to me this has to be completely anonymous to give all members a feeling of equality.

If he cha-pai feels too much heat financially or time-wise to manage this site, I think he has devloped lot of relations over the years and knows better whom to ask for help.

Tantuji baki ap bade log decide karo. Though I oppose of publicly discussing this idea, if it goes thorough dont forget to count me in.

My 2 cents.