Thread: Virat Kohli
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2016, 03:03 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virat Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
While it is true for some players, it cannot be generalized.
Except Kapil, Sehwag and may be a couple other guys, every other Indian batsman has put landmark over match/country. I completely agree with Hayden and Maxwell.

The reasons are more than personal though, since selection board tends to pay more attention to centuries and landmarks. So many ODI series I noticed a trend, Laxman would get 15, 9, 23, 13, and 103 (a century in final game of series) to ensure his selection in tests.

Somebody give me access to all the data at cricinfo.com, I can surely query my way and prove my hypothesis.

You may hate me for it, but here are more examples,

Sachin - all the time he would slow down from 90 to 100, once I think he blasted Ganguly for not allowing his double century, and another time we had to draw because bugger wouldn't get to his 200, and waste almost one whole session.

Dravid - one of the most nervous 90s candidate.

Azharuddin - I think he holds record for most hundreds missed, he would waste number of overs to try and get a century, eventually get out with a whimper.

I recall overs 40-45 being wasted by many Indian batsmen since they were nearing a century.