View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2017, 06:25 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Review of The Big Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
It's a movie about an interracial romance between a Pakistani boy and a white American girl, living in Chicago. It's a nice date movie, especially if you are a Desi dating a white chic.

The movie is good. The story is quite simple and straightforward. The paki guy is torn between his traditional family requirements and his love interest. Family wants him to get arranged marriage to paki babe. So he breaks up with white girl. But she has a near death experience, which brings him closer to the girls family. Its all happy happy ending.

There are some good dialogues. For example:

Girls dad: What are your views on 9/11?
Boy: 9/11 was a tragedy.. a big tragedy... we lost 19 of our best men.

Overall, i would say it's worth a watch....if not on screen, then definitely on Netflix.
What the fuck........ It's fucking horrible movie. They are using stereo typical situations to create some humor but can't decide if to make a comedy movie or a drama.......... And main lead Kumail ........ He looks like a do'g ass. I cannot understand how can anyone fall in love with that guy...... He is also not funny and not a great actor........ He sucks big time......

Ray Romano is wasted talent....... Holly Hunter is brilliant........ Anpam Kher just throws some dialogues in Indian accent.
Rest of the movie is put you in coma.........

I also got my money back........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.