View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute
Need advice my friends ; Life Goals

I am in a dilemma. There are 2 paths in front of me.

1. I am living a happy satisfactory life; I like my work; although it pays less than what I deserve, but I love working it.
and I like making charitable donations here and there.
My life is passing by and I have more reasons to be happy than to complain

Its like I m sitting on a moving train and enjoying the views from a window as life passes on and learning from the experiences and also doing a little bit here and there for society.

2. On the other hand; one of my friend who is also of same age and does the exact same work as me has a different opinion;
he left his job recently and working as a freelancer; earning almost twice as much and still not happy with his current state.
He is doing more good for society as compared to me.

Where as he now wants to quit working for others and be self employed; earn a lot of money and name for himself. (Be a big shot like Tata's Birla Etc)

And says that he wants to prove to himself that he can be a big shot one day and can support 100's instead of making minor contributions.

This is where our views collide; as he wants me to think like him and even accuses me of being a servant of others... he says that since we have capabilities we should rule the world.

I agree with him that we have capabilities and we can definitely make a name in the world; I feel is that it is his life goal and he wants to achieve it, but its not my life goal yet; I am still searching for my goals and in mean time I just learning.

So now I am being accused of being selfish and like a fox who says Grapes are sour.

Please share your view; good or bad doesn't mater.