View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Respect for Armymen and Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I just saw a July 4 telecast in which one Ex USarmy man with al white hair was recounting how he had gone to a restaurant and one woman had picked up his tab without his knowing. In general, people thank these guys for defening thir country.

I was wondering how far would we go in India with these.

In general we respect Army men (and the few women) and also supported the slodiers . during Kargil war. However, would you pick up the tab of some retired colonel in a restaurant and also if some person in uniform is pssing by, would you thank him / her for defending the country.

Once I was travelling from Pittsburgh to SFO. there were 5 or 6 army men on the same flight. From SFO they were suppose to go to Bakersfield around one and half hour drive from SFO.
one of the army men was hungry and inquired about the food on sale in the flight when he was told it was $7/box, he decided not to buy and then I overheard their conversation , $7 was too much for them to spend on food instead they decided to wait till they reach bakersfield which was 6 hours away and eat the free food they get at their training camp. I felt so bad. without their knowledge I asked airhostess to give all of them the snack box and I paid for it. she told them it was from airlines so that they don't feel bad. When Pilot came to know about this he gave me his tie pin as token of appreciation.