View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Delayed Joining at work!

Hello All,

I have just completed my MBA in Marketing from the University of Pune.
In November last year (2012), in an open campus placement drive, I got recruited by ICICI Securities for their Mumbai location.
On my offer letter, they've mentioned a joining period from April 2013 - August 2013.

I completed my course in May, now even the results are out and I've passed with First Class with distinction.

Thus far, I haven't received any communication from them, apart from just one email to notify me about a change in the coordinating personnel.

I have called them several times myself and said, I'm getting worried. Is this offer letter valid? When can I expect a call? etc.
Everytime, I get the same response - Don't worry. Since you have an offer letter, we will respect your recruitment and we will intimate you 15 days in advance of your joining. For some reason, we have delayed the on-boarding process, hence the delay.

As a result, since May, I've been sitting at home, doing pretty much nothing. Have been giving interviews elsewhere, but unfortunately, either the Brand names aren't good enough, of the job profile is shitty or the salary is just not upto the mark.

Has this ever happened to you?
What should I do in such a situation?
I don't want to call ICICI people everyday and harass them, lest, they make my employment void. I have been calling them on a rather regular basis and making my worries/presence felt.

However, It is getting really annoying to just wait for that bloody email or phone call.

Should I just NOT be hopeful about them and look elsewhere vehemently? Should I just maybe, settle for a mediocre job elsewhere?
Help. Please.