View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:08 AM
Spear Barbarian

GunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud of
Re: Renewing Indian passport in USA - Your opinions, experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Folks,

Some time in the near future, next year, my Indian passport will expire. I have a 10 year passport and it will expire. However, I am here on Green Card and not eligible for applying for US citizenship till after the passport expires.

So, how do you go about renewing your passport or getting a new passport while in USA? Does Indian consulate (we have one in San Franciso) issue a new passport?

Any inputs will be really helpful.
Did this years ago. As it happens, I was in Arizona on a job during that week (and I needed to renew it fast, as I was going to India in a couple of months), so I merely filled out the paperwork, got it notarized by some bank employee and then dropped it off in the mail (after making a note of the passport # and xeroxing the first few pages first). New passport came in the mail a few weeks later. Oh and I sent it to the SF consulate. No mess, no fuss.

Proud LLKC member since May 2002.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir 1950