View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 30 January alternate view

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
Er, no. That can't be. I mean, Nehru can't choose himself. Gandhi's stature was unmatched then. He could have chosen anyone he liked as PM Nehru, Patel, anyone else.

Anyways, I haven't really read any history books after what they forced me to read in school. So you'll be so kind as to excuse any mistakes.
I think Gandhi was like this:
If Nehru said "I am the one who should be the PM", Gandhi would go to Patel (or any other candidate) and tell him "Pls let Nehru be the PM". If Patel had said "No. I am the one who is worthy and whom ppl want to be the PM", he would go back to Nehru and tell him "Why dont you give Patel a chance?". So on and so forth till one of the two relents. So, it may seem that Gandhi made decisions. But actually, the two did. Either Patel relented or never harboured a huge desire to be the PM.
Thanks my inkling. I may be wrong.