View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2001, 04:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Videsee,

Point 1. I am NOT a Gandhian pacifist. I recognize that there are times and circumstances where the use of coercive power is justified. However, I feel that the Chopra fella is creating a noise for nothing. Did he try all methods to resolve the issue peacably? I feel that he must have tried appealing and appealing and finally being tired, approached the courts ('when all appeals failed'). But there were other possible responses as follows :

Individual Responses

i) Getting advanced degrees - management say.
ii) Publishing articles/research papers
iii) Learning management of people and time (courses)
iv) Hiring a career coach
v) Searching for a new job
vi) Starting his own health care business

Group Responses

i) Mentoring other minority people
ii) Starting minority schools/coaching classes
iii) Providing leadership

Usually, people don't explore these a;lternatives and rush off to court.

As far as the Kashmir issue is concerned, the tyranny is a lot more than the Chopra guy. There is a time fore war and a time for peace. The issue is complex as follows:

1. Pakis doing keedas
2. Our own people (especially BSF) killing villagers in revenge
3. Policemen raping women (Arey bhai, we don't get such fair girls in the South - any man will do this. Whats wrong? - Ive heard a PSI say this!!)
4. Emergence of drug mafia
5. Destruction of property rights
6. "Double Tarriff Issue" - a big one!!

Even here, we should show restraint. We can make headway if we change ourselves first!! It is paradoxical that a Muslim Hating Party like the BJP is doing that!! (I don't know what it means). They have thrown out all ****ing policemen and ensured that our uniformed guys don't spread tyranny. A woman who goes to the policeman for complaint meets the policeman OUTSIDE the station in full view of everyone. The Rebels have responded in kind. A policeman handling a woman's complaint outside is NEVER shot. If he is, the killer is killed by the rebels and his body sent to the police!!!

Similarly, we have cleaned up our own administration and transferred the corrupt guys. The "double-tripple tarriff system" has disappeared. Onions which would cost Rs 22 per kg now cost Rs 7. Our wool which we would sell for 12,000 Rs per kg now can be sold for Rs 45,000. That means we get more money for our products and pay less for outside products. This has happenned because the entire hafta system was crushed (changing oiurselves). More money with Kashmiri means less problems, more incomes.

You see - while taking up the gun we should not stop cleansing our own souls.!!!

Shring