View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Free the H-1Bs, Free the Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
absolutely correct and even bigger fools are the ones who buy houses on H1B's ( or/and non GC's)
well most H1Bs I know of buy homes usually when they have their green card process started. once your i140 is approved and you think you have a dependable employer (or your spouse is working too), i don't think there is anything wrong with buying a home. for the same money that you spend every month on your rent, you can get a home almost twice the size of an apt. if i look back at my stay in the united states now, i feel i have lost so much money on rent. not much changed as far as employment went and not much will change either but only because i was on an H1b, I felt my stay in this country was temporary. im glad that we bought a home finally. the pride of ownership is simply awesome.

with interest rates at historic lows and home prices hitting rock bottom, there is no better time to invest in a home than now. my 2c