View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Insurance (India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Insurance for car in India....well...the whole system sucks.

Unlike US, it doesn't matter how bad driver you are. Fukkin everyone pays same.
Even if the person in an accident who is at fault and have no insurance, you get your money.
These inspectors are ek number ke chor.
Trust me on this. We had automobile dealership and we know all these crooks.
I had an accident in 1987, One Luna rider hit me head on. It was his fault. Came in wrong direction. Our own repair shop, so our shop manager told the inspector whose bike it is, and mofo inflated the bill 5 times and got us paid.
The Lunawalla....did not get in trouble at all.
87 was well before Malhotra committee was formed. The private insurers came in the second half of 2000 ( i was, you can say the witness to the first private car policy getting printed in 2001).

And now, the premiums can be decided by companies. However, getting actual claims data could be messy and what you mentioned, could still be possible. It is more because of the law of the road, the fault is always of the 'bigger vehicle'.

An unrelated incident here - i was once waiting in Hyd to go home and was not finding any Auto. I then witnessed a car hitting an Auto (the Auto guy i think backed up). I got invovled in the argument they were having and supported the car guy. I even offered that thet could call the police and i would be the witness. Theauto guy buzzed off and the car walla gave me the lift till near my home!