View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suggestions needed to bring something to Mayor's attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Step 1 - Meet the mayor. Give him the suggestion and get his feedback.

I will advise step 2 after that.

I was told that its always good to be prepared and know the facts before meeting the mayor. So, I want to formulate a game plan before I approach him. Thak God! I dont have to meet the Toronto Mayor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Or some crack

Aashika devi, have you considered starting dharna?
no...what will that do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Unless you offer to fund the additional line, you will need to show that there are many like you who commute from your town to your workplace town and probably gather them too. (You will need actually a lot to make a new line viable)

Rather than this virtual forum, the right place to discuss it is right in your train.
Thanks sgars, yes, I want to show them that there are lots of people taking the commute. When the line started, our town's population was very very small. Something like 30,000 people; thats all. In those days, it didnt make sense to have an extra line because sharing the line with another rail was cost effective.
Now its 100,000 and most of them are commuters to the city near-by for work. The parking lot gets full by the time the third train leaves in the morning and keeps spilling all over the place. A lot of people I know started taking the road (highway) to work which makes the traffic terrible between 6 AM and 9 AM. Its really bad, even the express toll routes. They keep expanding the roads...which doesnt make sense to me; at the same time they keep saying "go green". The needs have changed and the days have changed.

This is what I want to bring forth to the mayor but in a very professional and workable way so that it will inspire him to bring this up with the Ministry of Transportation who will in-turn allocate the funds to build the track/excavation or what ever infrastructure is needed.

How do i reach out to people who take this train? I was thinking, print flyers out (and stick it on their wind-shields) and give them a medium (online) where they support the cause, which is Express Trains. I can then take this petition to the mayor.

You may ask, why cant you increase the parking space and increase the frequency of the current train. It doesnt work because we share the line with another rail. If you have a dedicated line, you can have express trains or a few trains which are express.

what say? How else can I make this work?

FYI, nothing I do now will help me, but its for future people. Any project like this will take several years before they actually materialize.

Last edited by Aashika; July 25th, 2014 at 08:52 AM.