View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Marriage should have an expiration date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensoul View Post
Love is not just an emotion. It is a choice that I can make to extend loving actions to somebody. Hobart Mowrer, a famous psychologist put it this way, “It’s easier to act your way into the correct way of feeling than to feel your way into the right course of action.” If I wait till I feel like doing something, there are going to be times that I wait an awful long time to do what I need to do. Instead, if I stick with my convictions and my commitment to Donalyn and say, “You know what? I love you and I’m going to show it by my actions,” it’s an incredible gift to a marriage. Love is something that has to be acted out – not just good intentions or warm feelings. Actions are really what count.

Be funny and laugh/joke around alwys making the atmosphere light and easy. (Stress free).
I read the first paragraph*..... and felt another track in it. And voila! I was right when I got to the end.

*This is all about wood. How long to wait for it, and who ought to help fetch it. "Actions are really what count." Ain't that a mouthful, eh ?

Many of the thoughts about trading-in-the-old-used-one and getting a new-different-one are also about wood. Life gets staid, with the same ol' same ol', and becomes a total funk. It is cold in winters, and nobody gets wood to warm themselves up. The only way these thoughts of letting a marriage lapse is by doing what counts : "Actions". Well... there is also pharmaceutical help...... vagaira (sic!) vagaira (sic!).