View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Urgent help! Basundi isn't getting thicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
of course when I cook this I don't have a finish time in mind.. but boy does it turn out good..

This once about 10 yrs ago I kept on boiling in micro.. and almost a gallon of milk ended up as a medium size bowl of kheer. To this day my family remembers the dish, a couple tablespoons of that would fill you up
right, try this coming weekend with your LO at home .
Really, I do love microwave cooking but for milk/egg products, I generally stick with stove. There was once I was heating up milk in microwave and it boiled over. I couldnt clean it right away and boy, it took 30 mins of soaking for me to get a clean plate again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Here is a good old trick.
My mom used to do.
When the milk starts thickening, add some crumbled pedas. But be careful of sweetness and flavor of peda. OR you can add barfi too. Make sure it don't dissolve completely so that basundi gets grainy structure.
Also you can use "khoya" aka maawa.
But I generally dont have mava/burfi lying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
BTW I have this induction thingy.. milk does NOT boil over.. I know why but that might be an option.. no no just telling.. ab machaar maarne koi bofors ka gun to khareedega nahi especially after rajiv gandhi is dead, quatrochi is also dead.. but still a good to know thingy.
Right...I will buy the induction thingy now