View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Question Was The Struggle For Independence A Mistake?

There was a strange incident once in Europe where I had to work with a English colleague of much the same age as me. Once we had a discussion .. argument in fact where he was steadfastly maintaining that the British were wrong with their imperialistic policies. In fact he was in awe of Gandhi. I however was of the opinion that the British did good for India, far too much good as the current lot of bufoons have done. Following are my reasons why the independence movement spearheaded by upper caste people was a mistake.

1> Most of the upper caste (Non OBC, Non SC/ST) people were at the forefront of British bhagao movements, what was their goal??

2> Many of them gave up their lives or wasted their lives for independence, what kind of shoddy state of independence do we have now?.

3> The British were replaced by lower caste elected representatives who continue the loot.

4> Situation for upper castes (Brahmins in particular) in states like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Bihar etc has become awful. They can never dream of ruling. Forget ruling they cannot even get any govt. jobs anymore. Caste based reservations are the reality of the day.

5> British were looting India but building infrastructure at the same time. However these current day rulers are ONLY looting and keeping their loot in Switzerland with Swiss banks, of course they don't send it to England like the British though.

6> The law and order situation under British was far better than under these casteist's and their henchmen.

7> Corruption under the British was far less than under these caste based satraps.

My question is do we deserve to rule ourselves? Had the upper castes made a mistake driving the British out? They lost power to the most populous caste's anyways.

Last edited by viking; August 29th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.