View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Almost) Tortuga Rum Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
The center part of the cake gets done last, kind of ruptures and sometimes causes the rest of the cake to burn a bit. I always thought this bundt pan was to enable cutting slices evenly. Never correlated the two for heat dissipation, guess this was never mentioned as an application in all the Thermodynamics classes I took.
Ooh! Thermodynamics! I don't know all that, I always assumed that for deep dish, wide bottom baking you need to distribute the heat evenly; else you will find raw spots and hence the bundt. I think you can also use some butterfly hooks (I forgot the actual name) to distribute the heat.

And you didn't comment on how the cake looks yet!