View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I am new here. Are there any forum rules here

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Welcome apunbola,
As you might have noticed from the main page that we have just renovated the look and feel and added new features to our website. There are no special rules. Just enjoy and treat others as you would like them to treat you. Also, please log off your emotions and sensitivities before logging in here. Do go through our archives and see the fun we all have had in the past.
- Sunit
I understand that there are two rules:
1. Treat others as you would have them treat you.
2. log off your emotions and sensitivities before logging in here.

Interesting !
The moderator patrolling the thread on some muslim activist in India, engaged with newbie member Bobus and forgot these two rules.

Granted that Bobus, the newbie, came across as a prime asshole as one could be. She was following the rule #1, obviously, she wanted to be treated as a prime asshole by all. However, the experienced mod' ignored that and wanted the newbie member to tone down her posts.

As a newbie myself, I was very surprised at the action of the mod to ban this newbie Bobus. Bobus may have been experimenting with the claim that the admin had made. Or, perhaps, she may not have been. We do not know what her intent was in coming across like that in her posts. She may have been a real freak, with her usual posting style. who knows. That is neither here nor there. This forum promises members to come as they are, and feel at home. In the loss of that Bobus, we had lost a freak show. And the forum has lost entertainment, as well as increased membership that come with a resident freak.

If the mods are patrolling the threads to remove all the freaks, they are not really doing any services to increase the membership or the entertainment to keep the existing members. Perhaps the owners who are paying the subscriptions to keep this on the internet ought to look at how many members they add per year and why is that number so low in comparison with other forums that had existed for as many years as this one had.

That Bobus was indeed yelling.... "come right up... ladies and gents... for only 10 cents, you can see a man with a goat head, but talking with a human tongue... and expounding Hegel.... come right up". This is summer, the season of state-fairs all over the United States.... with lots of freaks on display. It is a sad loss for this forum.

Damn. Why should I care ?

Last edited by HeySar; August 26th, 2015 at 03:37 AM.