View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Material Objects and Objectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Sometime back, paid a visit to one of the uncles of my better half, who is a doc.
He was showing me his house, basement and then his daughter's house, saying 'It has 2 A/C units needed for such a large house'. He also had a Lexus SUV. And then went on, 'I educated my kids in private schools'. His kids are all docs now and one has married a not so famous Tollywood actress and based close to Dirty Pai. But he otherwise seemed to be a simple guy.

So, Big question - "Is he actually collecting all these material objects to enjoy them or just to show them off".

Putting the same question to the group. If you buy say, a high end car, would you do it MORE to show off or to enjoy it. (Most do it for both, but what is prominent)

Isn't this the basic human trait? Why are you surprised by his behavior?

Every male tries to do things to separate themselves from the pack. Why do people prefer getting 'brand-name' education like Harvard and Yale, when you could get an equally good-quality education at lesser known names? Why do people buy Mercs and Beemers when they could get from point a to point b in a very reliable corolla?

My point is simple - all of us strive hard to elevate ourselves from the pack. It is ingrained into the psyche of Man to do what it takes to rise in a social order, when possible. People in higher social order draw the attention of females. Women fall for wealth and status and confidence and glory. They don't care about a male's looks. A male, on the other hand, looks at the woman's body and her attitude. He doesn't care as much about wealth and status etc.

It's all part of the game of life.