View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help -- Convert PAL format VHS tapes to DVD

Isn't S-vedio already digi format? Just asking..

Analogue PAL VCR with a firewire/s-video o/p would be a rather difficult one to find. I would think. I have tried connecting the video out to a capture card but they do not give even normal quality available on tape so it would make it a dicy one.. that is why I suggested to take o/p from TV into a digi cam in instead of direct out of VCR into digicam in.. I am thinking to use the noise filter/cleanup circuits if any in the TV to get a more refined o/p.. Of course, if the TV can filter noise from vcr o/p, removing it might seem pointless but if the digicam also introduces its own noise on to the already present noise (presuming it to be normal input) the tv circuits might not be quite up to the task of filtering all of it degrading the quality.. dunno never really tried..