View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:17 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Star wars---the force awakens

Following this i have now covered almost alll the star wars movies. I have not seen 'Return of the Jedi (episode 6)' and the latest 'Rogue one'. The source has been library DVDs or blu rays.
Here is the general take.
Main series -
New hope - The first one in 77 is way ahead of timse. Apparently it was enhanced over the years, but introduces concepts like storm troopers r2d2, holograms, C3PO, etc. which become cult. It does leave a lot of things open which scream sequels and prequels.
Empire strikes back - Slow moving with one revelation in the end.

Prequels - Crazy stuff with mostly CGI graphics. you can sleep over it. Only story happens in the last 40 minutes of episode 3 - Revenge of the sith.
Episode 1 - Saw it on screen in 99. Even then i guessed that this governor was the villain. It takes 2 more episodes to establish that. I didnt have any more background on star wars characters though.Seeing again on home video helped reconcile who the characters were.
Episode 2. very boring one. Just animation plus the marriage of Anakin skywalker and padme which happens in the last few minutes.
Episode 3. Last half an hour sets the stage for the main series.

Episode 7- Force awakens. Long but to star wars fans it brings back memories after 30 years. There was clapping in the hall when Harrison ford makes his entry with Chewbacca. Actually looks better if you have seen all the earlier episodes.