View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Tourist visa - Pls Advise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
she has asthma....for which she can carry her regular medicines with prescription.
Do you think its better that I get the insurance from Indian insurance co. (some people i know did that - took some insurance policy from india - for 5-6 mths) or its advisable to go for local insurance vendor in USA...(if this is the option i take, will they cover medical insurance during travel from india - US - or will i have to arrange for that separately?)
1) Carry all medicines from India
2) Carry a document from Indian doctor briefly describing what ailments your visitor suffers from (incase needed to consult a doctor here)
3) Buy the policy and forget that its of any use.
4)Pray nothing goes wrong.

Also please note - If your visitor is not used to a lot of exertion then dont take them out on a "tirath yatra" like some desis do and then regret.

Some will take their visitors to Grand Canyon plus Las Vegas Plus Los Angeles Plus San Diego on a single whirlwind tour. They forget that elders might not necessarily be able to stand the exertion despite 'comfortable cars' and 'plane rides'. Someone I know regretted this as his mother fell ill due to non stop touring. Remember they are elders and not young like you to go through a whirlwind tour!