View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Free the H-1Bs, Free the Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
well most H1Bs I know of buy homes usually when they have their green card process started. once your i140 is approved and you think you have a dependable employer (or your spouse is working too), i don't think there is anything wrong with buying a home. for the same money that you spend every month on your rent, you can get a home almost twice the size of an apt.

with interest rates at historic lows and home prices hitting rock bottom, there is no better time to invest in a home than now. my 2c
happy for you that you have had a stable job all through your career and everything happened as planned

terms like dependable employer, stable job, smooth GC process are now distant dreams..imagine a scenario where such things do not go as planned or expected and the havoc in can then wreak in ones life..but let me not launch myself into explaining all this..everyone is blessed with his or her own destiny..

but yes, completely agree with your last line..this is the best time to buy..