View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Was The Struggle For Independence A Mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
viking, I completely understand and even respect your disdain for any political party other than Shiv Sena and BJP. But if you want a real poll then dont post a loaded set of options to choose from.

I am not a fanboy of the Congress nor Laloo nor Mayawati, but your poll options are very biased and one sided. Answer anyway and the answer still goes in one direction. Not fair.

As for British rule, let me start by saying that Winston Churchill had said that 'Indians can be ruled with extreme force or not ruled at all'. We have seen that come true from time to time BUT the big BUT is that we have done pretty well since 1947. Look at many other colonies which were freed around the same time, including Pakistan and (now) Bangladesh and many African shitholes. Compare them with us and you see where we are and where they are.

So we Indians proved Sir Churchill wrong from time to time and now we are proving him wrong for quite some time.

Having read about how the US came to its super power status, I can say that India is going through a phase which US went through in the early 1920s and later with respect to progress and industrialization and economic growth. We are not there yet but we have caught up pretty fast being a developing or 'third world' nation.
Maybe partition of India caused Churchill to be wrong....perhaps if India was not partitioned we could possibly have a civil war