View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:06 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Learning New Languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post
Hi,

I am trying to learn some ancient languages. The going has been difficult. I want to know if any one of you has learned a new language in adulthood. If so, I would like to know your experiences - till what level did you reach? How much time did it take? What did you do to get there?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
I learnt Deustche at the age of 22 (which is now ages back)

I started in a PSU which was an Indo German collaboration (or Indische Deustche ZussamenArbeit). It was a part of our training.

It was only G1 elementary though. You get to know terms like good morning, how is it going, etc.
More courses would have given a good grasp.

The training was at a local 'Max mueller bhavan'. At the completion, the chief guest who spoke good German was an industrialist. He was in news sometime back not for pleasant reasons though