eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

View Poll Results: Do u think our National Anthem should be replaced with a Respected One
Yes 3 27.27%
No 5 45.45%
I don't Bother 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Fighter is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I'm Starting a New Controversy

Charchan B aur B's last week we were discussing our respect to Our National Anthem. Everybody gave their thoughts but I wanna ask one thing that when our N.A. was written by Rabindranath Tagore in honour of King George and the Queen of England when they visited India in 1919 but not in the Honour of our Motherland India, how can we & why should we respect it. Till when we'll not realize the truth & just sing , Praise & Respect this N.A. Blindly. I know this have been discussed here a few time back By Charchu Ji, but Guys now dont U think that time has come to change this N.A. to a real one to whom we can realy render our Respect.

(I never stand & Respect this N.A. for the above mentioned reason)

Last edited by Fighter; January 30th, 2006 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spell Mistake
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:03 AM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of
Re: I'm Starting a New Controversy

Reasons are not enough for respecting/disrespecting. If you believe in something you should show respect for that something regardless of material matters attached to that something. hope I am getting across.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

normally I do agree that content matters than context in which it was written but NATIONAL ANTHEM is too precious a symbol to be treated lightly..we should have something which all of us can related to and reflect out SECULAR orientation...

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmchari
Reasons are not enough for respecting/disrespecting. If you believe in something you should show respect for that something regardless of material matters attached to that something. hope I am getting across.

Respect is the Emotion which cannot be forced but it is Natural. Anything which will have True Vibes will get Respect Naturally.

& Forced Respect will be ended the day Truth will come forward. This is deep, very deep
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desichacha
normally I do agree that content matters than context in which it was written but NATIONAL ANTHEM is too precious a symbol to be treated lightly..we should have something which all of us can related to and reflect out SECULAR orientation...

Thats what exactly I'm Sayin about
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

well Fighter Bhai..even if we say same thing..believe in it etc..sad fact is that in that country right now their is a culture of existionalism and personal gratification...larger things of the life like pride, nation, society/community are not yet able to touch them...once they reach that stage ( will be in 10-15 years once ecnomic prosperity is well entrenched)..we will make changes..till then..so jayo..us desh ka abhi incubation period hai..don't expect miracle

Old January 31st, 2006, 01:17 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
I'm Starting a New Controversy
Really?

I was doing my SSC in Mumbai when King and Queer came to visit India ... Gateway of India was brand newly constructed to welcome them. This kontro is as old as Gateway of India in Mumbai.

But ... no worries ... you can take the credit.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:23 AM
Banned

Smile Re: I'm Starting a New Controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Really?

I was doing my SSC in Mumbai when King and Queer came to visit India ... Gateway of India was brand newly constructed to welcome them. This kontro is as old as Gateway of India in Mumbai.

But ... no worries ... you can take the credit.

Arey Yogi ji mai koi credit-vredit nahi le raha, mai to just is baat par discussion karna chahta tha.
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:28 AM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of

I have to go deep and very deep and deeper still to find out the truth.
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:33 AM
eCharchan

Agastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really nice

Replace it with Vande Matram
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:37 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With what you got ... you can hardly scratch the surface ... unless of course you been practicing "SIZE MATTERS" Mantra.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya
Replace it with Vande Matram
we can't ..reason is same as it was first time...we are too SECULAR to adapt it ...anything with safforn overtones will not be acceptable

Old January 31st, 2006, 01:43 AM
eCharchan

Agastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really nice

Quote:
we can't ..reason is same as it was first time...we are too SECULAR to adapt it ...anything with safforn overtones will not be acceptable
I read the vande matram again and again, it says our land i Shahya Shyamala...no where saffron
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:45 AM
Banned

Talking Re: I'm Starting a New Controversy

Quote:

edited ... fighterji ... anything except that. Normally ... you would have received a pm to edit yourself. Good thread ... do not wish to spoil it.

Last edited by tantric_yogi; January 31st, 2006 at 03:17 AM.
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:

How about Concepting a New One