eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 8th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Interview

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Candidate: I am Rameshwar Kulkarni. I did my Tele Communication engineering from BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology.

Int: BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology? I had never heard of this college before!

Cand: Great! Even I had not heard of it before getting an admission into it. What happened is - due to cricket world cup I scored badly in 12th. I was getting a paid seat in a good college. But my father said (I prefer to call him 'baap') - "I can not invest so much of money". (The baap actually said - "I will never waste so much of money on you"). So I had to join this college. Frankly speaking this name - BabanRao Dhole-Patil, can at the most be related to a Shetaki Mahavidyalaya he he he...

Int: ok, ok. It seems you have taken 6 years to complete your
engineering.

Cand: Actually I tried my best to finish it in 4 years. But you know,
these cricket matches and football world cup, and tennis tournaments..It is difficult to concentrate.. So I flunked in 2nd and 3rd year. So in all I took 4 + 2 = 7 years.

Int: But 4+2 is 6.

Cand: Oh, is it? You know I always had KT in maths. But I will try to keep this in mind. 4+2 is 6, good, thanks. These cricket matches really affect exams a lot. I think they should ban it.

Int: Good to know that you want cricket matches to be banned.

Cand: No, no.. I am talking about Exams!!

Int: Ok, What is your biggest achievement in life?

Cand: Obviously, completing my Engineering. My mom never thought I would complete it. In fact, when i flunked in 3rd year, she was looking for a job for me in BEST(Bus corporation in Maharashtra) through some relative.

Int: Do you have any plans of higher study?

Cand: he he he.. Are you kidding? Completing 'lower' education itself was so much of pain!!

Int: Let's talk about technical stuff. On which platforms have you
worked?

Cand: Well, I work at SEEPZ, so you can say Andheri is my current
platform. Earlier I was at Vashi center. So Vashi was my platform then. As you can see I have experience of different platforms! (Vashi and Andheri are the railway stations/platforms/places in Mumbai)

Int: And which languages have you used?

Cand: Marathi, Hindi, English. By the way, I can keep quiet in German, French, Russian and many other languages he he he...

Int: Why VC is better than VB?

Cand: It is a common sense - C comes after B. So VC is a higher
version than VB. I heard very soon they are coming up with a new
language VD!

Int: Do you know anything about Assembly Language?

Cand: Well, I have not heard of it. But I guess, this is the language our ministers and MPs use in assembly.

Int: What is your general project experience?

Cand: My general experience about projects is - most of the times they are in pipeline!

Int: Can you tell me about your current job?

Cand: Sure, Currently I am working for Bata InfoTech ltd. Since
joining BIL, I am on Bench. Before joining BIL, I used to think that
Bench was another software like Windows he he he..

Int: Do you have any project management experience?

Cand: No, but I guess it shouldn't be difficult. I know Word and
Excel. I can talk a lot. I know how to dial for International phone
call and use speaker facility. And very important - I know few words like - 'Showstoppers', 'hotfixes', 'SEI-CMM', 'quality', 'version
control', 'deadlines' , 'Customer Satisfaction' etc. Also I can blame
others for my mistakes!

Int: What are your expectations from our company?

Cand: Not much.
1. I should at least get Rs. 40,000 per month in hand.
2. I would like to work on a live EJB project. But it should not have
deadlines. I personally feel that pressure affects natural talent.
3. I believe in flexi-timings.
4. Dress code is against basic freedom, so I would like to wear t-shirt
and jeans.
5. We must have sat-sun off. I will suggest wednesday off also, so as
to avoid breakdown due to overwork.
6. I would like to go abroad 3 times a year on short term (preferably
1-2 months) assignments. Personally I prefer US, Australia and Europe. But
considering the fact that there is a world cup in Carrrabien in
2007, I don't mind going there in that period. As you can see I am
modest and don't have many expectations. So can I assume my selection?

What do you think?
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Mann toh kiyaa aaj mai bhi sab sach bol hi doo . .

anyway
It is good that you know how to write English.. .. Thnx God
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Well at least he is telling the truth. Unlike my freind who was a forest officer but came here as software engineer with false degree and false exp. letters.
The forest officer part I came to know after we had couple of beers.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by dirty
Unlike my freind who was a forest officer but came here as software engineer with false degree and false exp. letters.
The forest officer part I came to know after we had couple of beers.
which part of india, he is from ?
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
How does that matter ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Indian eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by dirty
How does that matter ?
filtering crieteria and could be an "important parameter" to be aware during recruitment process.
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Indian
filtering crieteria and could be an "important parameter" to be aware during recruitment process.
Gosh you do use big words and it aint make no sense to me !
Old December 8th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Indian
which part of india, he is from ?
Gulty hoinga

Andhra has no forest, but has a forest officer. (just fun, dil pe mat lena)
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Gults!

At least since he was from Maharashtra the employer bothered to interview him. If he was from Osmania university a good employer would also recommend a police verification certificate along with the rest of the educational documents.

I know of a guy in Hyderabad who used to take a leave of absence of one month from the software firm every year so that he could plough his fields using his tractor. He had used his contacts in the AP(Yae Phee) Govt to get into the company in the first place.

Once I remember a bunch of Gults were perched around a desk for a video conference with the client. He asked for their names and one guy started off by telling his name as 'Bhami Sathi Reddy' and I'm PM(Phee Yum)and he used to say it so quick that the American could not make head or tails of it.

So he asked him to spell it as it was important for him to know the names of guys who would be working on his project so he began by saying it is spelled as 'Bhee Hyech Yae Yum Ayii...' they American could not still understand the pronounciation, so he asked him to write it down in bold letters using a marker pen on the white board behind so that he could read! for me it was so funny!

There is another trait amongst these Gults. They love to adopt names for example you should not be surprised to see a Gult with the name of Subhash Chandra Bose, Bal Gangadhar Tilak , Ravindranath Tagore etc! Have any of you noticed this?

By the way if anyone of you is interested in learning the Gulti language here are two words for starters.

RAPE - COME
RANDI - TOMORROW

So don't feel embarassed if a Gulti calls you to his house tomorrow and says 'Rape Randi'.

Last edited by viking; December 8th, 2004 at 10:48 PM.
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Junior eCharchan

Javed is on a distinguished road
north indian are dirty thats all
Old December 9th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Javed
north indian are dirty thats all
InTa Homar ..........
Old December 20th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
Viking Wrote: RAPE - COME
RANDI - TOMORROW

At least write the correct meanings :
RAPE = TOMORROW
RANDI = COME
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:10 AM
The Great Dictator

kingfisher is on a distinguished road
Guys,

I think this north-south bashing and vice versa should be stopped. After all we are all Indians and we have decided to stay together as a country for some reasons. Diversity is ok and should be respected.

I have met good/bad characters from all parts and reached the conclusion that we all share good/bad traits. The major problem is everyone thinks that his/her region has superior people over others. But I feel that our communities have existed for such a long period that there is high probablity that all of them have already had mixed breeding. The point I want to make is that there may be no "pure" Tamil,Punjabi,Hyederabadi , Marathi etc.

Indian bhai , your comments are odd sometimes it seems like you are anti "Telugu" rather than anti "Marathi" ,or might be just pulling vikings leg.