eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old April 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Egg and Potato Curry combo

All of you know how easy it is to make Egg Curry or what is popularly called Baida Curry in many restuarants in Mumbai.

Well, here is a twist - adding potatoes to the egg curry.

Ingredients:
1) 4 to 6 eggs (for serving 2 to 3 people)
2) 1 large or 2 medium onions - finely chopped
3) Oil
4) Mustard seeds, pepper cors, tej patta (bay leaves), cumin, criander seeds, small piece of cinnamon, 1 or 2 cloves - basically the whole version of 'garam masala' in a small quantity
5) 2 to 3 medium sized potatoes
6) Red chilli powder
7) Your favourite Chicken or Fish curry masala powder
8) Salt to taste

Preparation:
1) Keep eggs in a pot of water and let them boil hard for about 10 to 15 minutes
2) Keep potatoes, either peeled or unpeeled, in another pot and boil them well for about 10 minutes. Check frequently by poking with a fork and dont allow them to become completely mushy.
3) Cut boiled potatoes into halves or quarters.
4) Remove the shell from the eggs and make just a small slit sideways into the egg to offer a glimpse of the solid yolk inside

Recipe:
1) Hear oil in a shallow vessel
2) As the oil heats up, add the garam masala contents
3) Add the chopped onion
4) Stir till the onion gets fried properly and turns dark brown.
5) Reduce flame to medium
6) Now add the potatoes into this mix and cover them up with the fried mixture. Do not stir the potatoes much as they are already soft and you dont want to further mash and disintegrate them
7)Cover the vessel
8)After 5 minutes add the red chilli powder, fish/chicken curry powder and salt to taste
9) Place the eggs delicately around the potatoes.
10) Add about 2 coffe cups of water and cover vessel and increase flame slightly.
11)When you see the whole curry come to a gentle boil, garnish with fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati.

Tip: A pinch of lemon juice while savouring with roti can enhance the taste a lot.
Old April 20th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Egg and Potato Curry combo

did u guys know any thing that is coocked with egg should be eaten within 1 hour or so, uske baad it is not that edible. This info is from my dad he reads a lot of homeopathy books, he said that he reaD in one of those books.
-babu
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

The boiled potatoes soak in the curry quite well and add flavour to the whole curry.

Babu, I did not know this about egg curry and 1 hour time limit. I thought that since egg is boiled, it wont mix much with the curry anyway. Some folks prefer to not slit the egg at all.
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

As i have told before that this info is from my dad, ghar me jub bhi ande ki bhurji banthi / Curry with boiled eggs(Boiled eggs with tamato and onion) dad sees to it that its completed with in one hour nahi tho phek diya jaatha hei.
-babu
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:51 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
did u guys know any thing that is coocked with egg should be eaten within 1 hour or so, uske baad it is not that edible. This info is from my dad he reads a lot of homeopathy books, he said that he reaD in one of those books.
-babu
HyderabadiBhai, we cannot comment upon Homeopathy shit ... but, I think ... research results normally if not almost always confirm validity of our elders beliefs ... wisdom passed down for generations. For instance ... our centuries old herbal remedies or Ayurveda. I am personally convinced our Ayurveda can treat almost any disease ... curable or currently incurable ... problem is finding expert practitioners with experience and knowledge willing to share the same with rest of the world. They don't ... out of taught humility and also blame it on our five thousand year old "father to son" cultural deficient bull shit. Cheap chokre log salle galii galli mei Homeopathy and Ayurveda ke daakter log dukaan khol bethe.

Seafood ... yes ... once thawed must be consumed all and not refrozen ... I know. Eggs? this is the first time I have heard. Thanks for sharing with us. Appreciate.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Can you rate the recipe by rating this thread? I have tried it just this Monday and it was super!
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold

this tastes more like normal chicken curry , not quite ,, but similar...
however ... my fav egg curry is what made in maharashtrian households ... known as "miravni" .. its main ingredient is black pepper (miray.. hence miravni ) , it has a very diff taste to most curried youve had ... its very simple & very easy to make .. hold on ill try getting hold of its recipe.
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
10) Add about 2 coffe cups of water and cover vessel and increase flame slightly.
Cool & simple recipe.
I have made Egg curry with potatoes before, however I have usually boiled the potatoes in Cooker and sometimes Cut the boiled eggs into halves. Also, rarely use Cilantro (lazy to get fresh cilantro)
I am going to try Landyabhai's Baingan Masala on Saturday
and this recipe of Egg curry on Sunday (enough Egg & Potato Curry for at least 3 days; errr, i mean 3 meals - roj roj ka jhanjhat nahi maangta).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
did u guys know any thing that is coocked with egg should be eaten within 1 hour or so
I never heard of anything like this before.
Coocked se Babu, Coocking waala thread yaad aaya.
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...light=coocking
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR
Cool & simple recipe.
I have made Egg curry with potatoes before, however I have usually boiled the potatoes in Cooker and sometimes Cut the boiled eggs into halves. Also, rarely use Cilantro (lazy to get fresh cilantro)
I am going to try Landyabhai's Baingan Masala on Saturday
and this recipe of Egg curry on Sunday (enough Egg & Potato Curry for at least 3 days; errr, i mean 3 meals - roj roj ka jhanjhat nahi maangta).

I never heard of anything like this before.
Coocked se Babu, Coocking waala thread yaad aaya.
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...light=coocking
This is whole forum about cooking with male members participating sounds so GAY....no wonder you guys could get a pringle from pappu (or was it sanju?)