eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old February 19th, 2004, 11:04 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Dalit propaganda against Hindu Gods and Hinduism..

Of late I have come across hundreds of sites on internet in the name of Dalit emancipation/development. It would have been good if these sites aided in welfare, education, general good of the downtrodden classes. But the main motive of these sites happen to be spreading hatred towards hindus, denigrating hindu Gods, falsifying and manipulating mythological events to suit their purpose.

It is true that casteism has stigmatized many unpriveleged classed in our country but is it not true that, that kind of treatment has become increasingly rare and almost disappeared in cities and in decline everywhere in country?

SC/STs/BCs are given preferential allotment in govt. jobs, professonal colleges, universities, politics and in many other govt. bodies. Some of the states in the south mainly Karnataka, TN and Andhra have gone to the extent 40 to 60% reservation for these classes in professional college seats.

In govt. institutions like railways, telecom, banking etc. a seat once occupied by a dalit on his retirement/end of service is passed only to a dalit (even if his experience and other criteria doesn't meet the requirements which is the case 90% times) and this does not occur in the normal reservation qota scheme of events. This has led to entire departments becoming dalitized. This has led to increasing inefficiency, corruption and laziness to an already broken system of administration in these institutions. Also employess of "higher" castes slog and work for decades in the same post without promotions while young dalit green horns become their bosses. Despite all these ill effects reservations are continuing.

But above all what irks me most is when these dalit sites unreasonably disparage all that is hinduism. Just type dalit, hindutva in google, you will find out what I'm talking about. What is the need for them to do this? Are they not satisfied with getting jobs without merit? I have seen many SC/ST candidates in IITK happily appearing/reappearing for exams without any worry for their future. Are they not satisfied with the free mess, free tuitions and all? Why to desecrate the hindu deities and hurt the feelings of those who worship them? This is meaningless.

I invite all of you to participate in a meaningful debate and suggest ways which would help us encounter this meaningless fabrication and misrepresentation of facts.
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Oh God... Dont even tell me about it.. I have seen all that non-sense these Ambedkaris spread.. Sick of it
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:25 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
Oh God... Dont even tell me about it.. I have seen all that non-sense these Ambedkaris spread.. Sick of it
Charcha, just running away or showing aversion does not solve any problem... I find feelings of apathy or a sense of unnecessary sympathizing appear on many peoples faces when anyone speaks about dalits.

India sabkaa hai and we the younger generation want to see a bright and progressive future for our children in India. I in my whole life has not done anything against dalits, in fact I had many friends and moved freely with them exchanging a lot of ideas and trying to understand them. In our generation, say those who are born between 70s and 20th century have been very free and considerate. We have not segregated, have not looked down upon anyone on the basis of caste. Then why should we bear the brunt of reservations, hear false propaganda hurting our beliefs.

I work in Germany and have been pointed to by certain people to a dalit sites "enlightening" hinduism. They asked me such bullshit questions that forced me to have a look at these sites. Otherwise I would not even have bothered. Religion is something that we all are ingrained upon from our childhood days and we can't shrug it off. Tomorrow it shouldn't happen that we are mocked upon based on false rumours.
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:24 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
i have not looked at any of these sites. no inclination to view them. but i can imagine the types of content on them. however, i do not feel that we have to encounter or counter these sites at all.
we can scream abuse against them to our hearts content and it will do no good. likewise, their slagging off hinduism is not going to do them any good either. hindusim has survived bigger challenges than this e attack. we have through the centuries survived real attacks in the form of attempts at forced conversion and have come out stronger. this is a piddly little virtual attack

fikker not, my friend, not one hair will be harmed on the head of our religion by this.
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by 2gud

I work in Germany and have been pointed to by certain people to a dalit sites "enlightening" hinduism.

Point them back to some sites that enlighten Nazisam.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
Why dont u see it this way. Untouchability is a real issue, may be not in city but in villages it still exisits. We read every day that there are crimes against Dalits. Its a social issue. Its not a religious issue. Dalits are hindus too.
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy
Why dont u see it this way. Untouchability is a real issue, may be not in city but in villages it still exisits. We read every day that there are crimes against Dalits. Its a social issue. Its not a religious issue. Dalits are hindus too.

I am amazed that you accept the fact that Dalits are Hindus too!

Till date all one can hear from Dalits is that "we are different.. we are followers of Amebdkar and Buddha!"
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
I am amazed that you accept the fact that Dalits are Hindus too!

Till date all one can hear from Dalits is that "we are different.. we are followers of Amebdkar and Buddha!"
Who am i to say dalit is hindu or not. As per the constitution dalits are hindus. weather hindus accept or not.
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy
Who am i to say dalit is hindu or not. As per the constitution dalits are hindus. weather hindus accept or not.
No no.. you got me wrong. I am happy that Dalits are Hindus. Atleast they recognise that they are from India and are Hindus.

Now untouchability exists in some villages because of caste and politics. But have you also read reports (I am sure you have) where there were killings amongst Dalits because a higher ranking Dalit married a lower ranking Dalit?

Let me, when I get some time, dig some Marathi newspaper links which I had some time ago and post for your reference.
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
eCharchan

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

its freedom of speach baby.