eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old February 25th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Corollary thread to the STRUTS thread - Is MS .NET all set to take on J2EE?

Just a thought, as a corollary to the STRUTS thread - Now with Visual Studio 2005, .NET from MS seems to take off in a big way. Some of the enhancements are amazing.

Do you think it will be easier to develop in .NET and manage code easily compared to J2EE? Now .NET offers almost everything and sometimes a bit more than what J2EE offers.

What say you?
Old February 25th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future
Caution : A very personal opinion and mostly based on one vertical as I work only in one particular industry. I work as a consultant and see quite a few companies in this vertical so I am bit sure about this vertical

I think J2EE in my vertical is out to stay..couple of reason....

1.IBM strong hold...
2.IBM has somethign which are just not going to go away.. so they have place already to push a point about J2EE

3. DOTNET and J2EE are surely goihg to co exist in an enterprise...

4.Web services a reality for not so real time integration and information sharing.. Web Services again choice is J2EE thought not much hatred against DOTNET

5.Enterprise Integration a big task for every firm but since Mainframes are involved in integration.. normally IBM gets to push EAI which internally is J2EE platfrom and therefore ripple effect

6.Excellent support for XML in J2EE drives it in at lotsa places

I normally hve not worked with small companies in USA.. only fortune 500 so my world view might be different too

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old February 25th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
Re: Corollary thread to the STRUTS thread - Is MS .NET all set to take on J2EE?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
Just a thought, as a corollary to the STRUTS thread - Now with Visual Studio 2005, .NET from MS seems to take off in a big way. Some of the enhancements are amazing.
Yaar, I am just trying to learn VB.Net in Visual Studio 2003 and already you mentioned about Visual Studio 2005. Yeh log bhi na itni jaldi jaldi naya version output karte hai ki kya bolu.......kya karu.
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Junior eCharchan

prosedevi is on a distinguished road
ASP .Net now offers a full programming language env. earlier it was scripting.

Both J2Ee and .NET provides Web Services, while J2EE boasts multiplatform support.

J2EE web services can access through HTTP Protocol, probably this not the case with .NET (using DLL and DOM object).

And more ........