eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old October 20th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Don't just sit there!! Go play Dandiya/Garba tonight!!

Call your local Gujarati Samaj and find out where the Navaratri celebrations are going on and enjoy!!

If you don't want to play, then atleast you can dress up in Indian outfit and watch some cute looking gujju babes!

Go out! Don't just sit there!!
Old October 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Don't just sit there!! Go play Dandiya/Garba tonight!!

Sorry I cannot reply right now. I am busy playing dandia with some good looking gujju aunties and my wife........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 20th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Itnaaaaaa sannaata.....jaroor sub log Garba khel rahe hai...
Old October 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Just back from Garba/Dandiya.

It was full of fun.I went with plan, just to see the chicks but end of playing from start to end.

Ultimate chicks with mindblowing dress ,was so busy playing forgot to take anyone's(chicks) number better luck next time.

soooooo tired regreted why I never been there before, It's was my first time.

It's better late than never
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM
eCharchan

Chhota baccha will become famous soon enoughChhota baccha will become famous soon enough

Chance nahi mila kidhar jane ko....... so TV pe dekh kar enjoy kiya....
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:48 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
Sorry I cannot reply right now. I am busy playing dandia with some good looking gujju aunties and my wife........
If you can type this message its an indication that you are playing with dolls....Get some real women, Dirty
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
Call your local Gujarati Samaj and find out where the Navaratri celebrations are going on and enjoy!!

If you don't want to play, then atleast you can dress up in Indian outfit and watch some cute looking gujju babes!

Go out! Don't just sit there!!
Pray tell me what is an "Indian Outfit"

The one where they have a piece of cloth hanging by the neck? or the one where they have a piece of cloth hanging by the shoulder? or the one where in you have pajamas or the one with the dhoti??

Or are you referrring to those Bollywood outfits in marriage flicks that westerners misinterpret as "Indian Outfit"?
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Garb(h)a --> increase in UWPs

Last edited by 2gud; October 21st, 2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Pray tell me what is an "Indian Outfit"

The one where they have a piece of cloth hanging by the neck? or the one where they have a piece of cloth hanging by the shoulder? or the one where in you have pajamas or the one with the dhoti??

Or are you referrring to those Bollywood outfits in marriage flicks that westerners misinterpret as "Indian Outfit"?
just wear simple kurta payjama and you will be fine. instead of asking such a question we sould appreciate his effort, motivating people to participate the event.

even i was in double mind and made my final descesion after reading his post
thanks HHMD
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:11 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Don't just sit there!! Go play Dandiya/Garba tonight!!

I stay in a predominantly "Maniben" locality. (No offence)

Dandiya celebrations are routine every year here. Used to play Dandiya in my teens, not anymore.
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:04 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Garba night yesterday...awesome experience....good food too ....Gujjus rock ...
got a chance to play some dandiya ( there were girls also
)....steps were rather easy...

Old October 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
eCharchan

Chhota baccha will become famous soon enoughChhota baccha will become famous soon enough

Garba and Dandiya like Bhangra and Giddha??? Kya koi uncle/aunty mero ko batayenge?? Ek baat aur..... ek baar suna tha kidhar.....Gujrat ke Porbandar side mein Garba aur Dandiya ke alaawe ek aur Raas celebrate karte hai log.....Woh kya hai??
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhota baccha
Garba and Dandiya like Bhangra and Giddha??? Kya koi uncle/aunty mero ko batayenge?? Ek baat aur..... ek baar suna tha kidhar.....Gujrat ke Porbandar side mein Garba aur Dandiya ke alaawe ek aur Raas celebrate karte hai log.....Woh kya hai??
Raas is folk dance, Garba is supposedly a dance dedicated to Goddess Amba