eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Work visas

Notices

Work visas Want to discuss about H1B and other work related visa regulations and latest updates?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
chadhakya's Avatar
chadhakya chadhakya is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 761
chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice
Multiple H1B application

One of my realtive is kind of getting offer from so many company.But He is not sure which company will actually file H1B.

As company and He knows it's not gamble now a days, so last min company can decide not to apply for it, last year it did happen to him.

Can he say multiple company to go for H1B or one person one apllication.

please guide
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Desa Desa is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 578
Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple H1B application

You have to apply H1b for the company that you are working for. He can apply with one company but make sure that company states that in the contract. That way company cannot decide not to apply for it at the last minute as they are bounded by the contract. In fact, also have it clear as to who will pay for the fees for H1B.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
chadhakya's Avatar
chadhakya chadhakya is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 761
chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desa
You have to apply H1b for the company that you are working for. He can apply with one company but make sure that company states that in the contract. That way company cannot decide not to apply for it at the last minute as they are bounded by the contract. In fact, also have it clear as to who will pay for the fees for H1B.
Man he is currently working in India with Indian company.some of the US Based company want to apply for H1b and only after he gets it his contract wil be valid.Means He want to quit job in india and relocate to USA.

Is it illegaly if more than one company apply for H1B fir the same guy?

Last edited by chadhakya; January 28th, 2008 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM
style bhai's Avatar
style bhai style bhai is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 409
style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough
Re: Multiple H1B application

the problem is that companies have become smart now a days and will make you sign an agreement that u would join the company if the company is successful in getting you a H1-B(with the lottery system right now, they don't want to miss on candidates who make it through). regarding your question of submitting H1-B from more than one company, yes its LEGAL.
If you go with multiple companies its not right ethically on your part to do so. Normally every company has 2-3 sister companies, may be if your relative has enough rapo with the company he can ask them to submit for h1-b from every one of those company's. which would be both legal and ethical.

P.S: people do criticize consulting companies, but seeing it from their side. i came to know what kind of mischief the consultants do. And i do beleive that the consultants should be treated that way only.

-a Recruiter who has seen through both sides.
__________________
Bombay Ka Number One Bhai

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM
chadhakya's Avatar
chadhakya chadhakya is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 761
chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
the problem is that companies have become smart now a days and will make you sign an agreement that u would join the company if the company is successful in getting you a H1-B(with the lottery system right now, they don't want to miss on candidates who make it through). regarding your question of submitting H1-B from more than one company, yes its LEGAL.
If you go with multiple companies its not right ethically on your part to do so. Normally every company has 2-3 sister companies, may be if your relative has enough rapo with the company he can ask them to submit for h1-b from every one of those company's. which would be both legal and ethical.

P.S: people do criticize consulting companies, but seeing it from their side. i came to know what kind of mischief the consultants do. And i do beleive that the consultants should be treated that way only.

-a Recruiter who has seen through both sides.
Thanks style bhai, its quite useful piece of info.

But let's say if a person awarded more than one H1B(even with lottery system), is it legal becuse finaly he will get one stamping but we misuse another one out of 65k qouta, which might have given to another needy people.

I couldn't able to understanda another part.

Does consultancy company normally apply multiple application for single person??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:07 PM
TerminatorJR's Avatar
TerminatorJR TerminatorJR is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,006
TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
Re: Multiple H1B application

Just an article that I read and thought of updating this thread.

US bars multiple H-1B applications for same employee

WASHINGTON: Amidst demands for raising the cap on H-1B visas for skilled professional, authorities have issued a new rule prohibiting employers from filing more than one petition for a single employee in a fiscal year. The change is intended to promote a fair and systematic process for H-1B petitioners, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) said on Wednesday while announcing the new rule.
This rule ensures that companies filing H-1B petitions will have an equal chance to receive consideration for an H-1B worker. The current cap on new H-1B visas is 65,000 per fiscal year with a few exceptions. US businesses utilise the H-1B programme to employ foreign workers in fields that require theoretical and practical expertise in specialised occupations requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher (or its equivalent), such as scientists, engineers or computer programmers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,699
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR
Just an article that I read and thought of updating this thread.

US bars multiple H-1B applications for same employee

WASHINGTON: Amidst demands for raising the cap on H-1B visas for skilled professional, authorities have issued a new rule prohibiting employers from filing more than one petition for a single employee in a fiscal year. The change is intended to promote a fair and systematic process for H-1B petitioners, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) said on Wednesday while announcing the new rule.
This rule ensures that companies filing H-1B petitions will have an equal chance to receive consideration for an H-1B worker. The current cap on new H-1B visas is 65,000 per fiscal year with a few exceptions. US businesses utilise the H-1B programme to employ foreign workers in fields that require theoretical and practical expertise in specialised occupations requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher (or its equivalent), such as scientists, engineers or computer programmers.
thats a step in the right direction... i'm all for it...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
YedaAnna's Avatar
YedaAnna YedaAnna is offline
Livin La Vida Loca
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: eCharcha!!!
Posts: 5,713
YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
thats a step in the right direction... i'm all for it...
second that...so many of them go down the drain coz of suckers filing with multiple agencies and not using them...at least now legit candidates have better chances of getting a visa and don't have to depend on lottery system..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,699
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
second that...so many of them go down the drain coz of suckers filing with multiple agencies and not using them...at least now legit candidates have better chances of getting a visa and don't have to depend on lottery system..
dude i have another idea... there should be a way of penalizing or charging a fee to visa holders who's visas are not utilized fully... for example, if someone's H1B is valid 1st Oct 2007 - 30 Sept 2010 but they show up in US only after a year has passed or 2 yrs are gone... someone in such a case should be charged like 12K / something per year whenever they enter US...

but then that'll give birth to another devil... people will come in a big swarm on 1st Oct each year and there'll be a huge job crunch...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; March 20th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
chadhakya's Avatar
chadhakya chadhakya is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 761
chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice
Re: Multiple H1B application

any Idea how many application, for day one
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,699
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multiple H1B application

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhakya
any Idea how many application, for day one
it'll take at least 2-3 days just to count... BTW, r u in the fray too? which category?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM
chadhakya's Avatar
chadhakya chadhakya is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 761
chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice
Re: Multiple H1B application

Feds receive 163,000 H-1B applications

Requests for H-1B visas reached all all-time high this year, with nearly 163,000 applications received in five days, federal officials said Thursday.

Because of the volume, Citizenship and Immigration Services will conduct a random lottery to award the 65,000 visas allowed by law for highly educated foreign workers. In addition, another 20,000 will be given to foreign citizens with advanced degrees from American universities, under a special exemption.

“This is the best way to be fair to everybody,” said Chris Rhatigan, a spokeswoman for USCIS, about the random selection process.

The applications not selected will be rejected and returned along with the application fee, she said.

High-tech companies said that the large number of applications proves that the yearly cap is inadequate.

“U.S. employers deserve better than a random lottery to determine if they can hire the highly educated candidates they need,” said Robert Hoffman, co-chair of Compete America, a coalition of high tech companies that includes Oracle, Google, Inc. and Microsoft Corp. “Congress has failed to address the problem as U.S. universities graduate highly educated individuals who leave to work in competitor nations. This madness must end this year.”

Critics, however, say that the H-1B program depresses wages for U.S. workers and is being abused by outsourcing firms.

Ron Hira, a professor of public policy at the Rochester Institute of Technology, said the program lets companies displace American workers and pay below-market wages.

“The run on H-1Bs is caused by a thirst for lower wage workers and the rise of the offshore outsourcing industry,” he said.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple Hypothetical Scenarios ... History-Counterfactual! badriprasad SoapBox 7 April 10th, 2011 09:20 AM
Multiple blasts in Delhi; injuries reported jammy69 Taaza Khabar - Current news 70 December 4th, 2008 03:56 PM
Let's list advantages of Multiple ID's ... tantric_yogi SoapBox 9 June 24th, 2002 07:56 AM
Why do People have Multiple Ids?? Shringarey SoapBox 5 June 13th, 2002 10:20 AM
Multiple simultaneous marriages dhurandhar Relationships 5 November 21st, 2001 01:27 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.