eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 21st, 2009, 07:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
some musings...

I didn't know where else to write this, so I am writing it here. I was by myself yesterday and decided that drive down the road to keep myself occupied. Just-driving-down-the-road turned in to a long, very long drive.

After about 2 hours I stopped to get some coffee in a small, very small village. Then I noticed a beautiful church for sale. Yes, church for sale. They were selling it for $40,000....that's it. Apparently it had recently had a face lift for $30,000. The village didn't have enough funds to keep the church going as there were no priests and no devotees any more in that town.

I was wondering, what if I decided to buy that church (I wasn't going to buy, but a hypothetical musing). Of course it needs lots of renovations to be habitable. I slowly walked down the alter (the beauty of villages, you don't need to make appointments to view a property) and stood looking at the Cross. Will I have the courage and heart to bring down the cross if I decide to buy? Will I be able to turn it in to a beautiful home? Will I make that more habitable just to bring back the devotees? What would I do? There is zero re-sale value...what would one do?

Then I realized why are we forever trying to change things around us. Why couldn't I just leave it the way it is? even at home, forever we are planning things to do for home (furnish, renovate etc). Why cant we just leave some character to what things were originally.

This happens with people too. Expectations, emotions....is it really worth renovating ourselves completely? Suddenly I have to be an investment banker at work, suddenly I am a homely wife at home, suddenly I am an insecure daughter-in-law and suddenly I become vulnerable to baseless musings.
After a while, will we all become an old-church-for-sale; devoid of proper warmth, devoid of what we were once up on a time?

sorry...long, incoherent post

Last edited by Rakhi; December 21st, 2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: some musings...

There was a similar thought I read in a book where he says we all will become portraits and eventually end up in the storage room. Your family will have your portrait after you're gone, then they'll get fed up cleaning the dust everyday and put the portrait into storage.
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
There was a similar thought I read in a book where he says we all will become portraits and eventually end up in the storage room. Your family will have your portrait after you're gone, then they'll get fed up cleaning the dust everyday and put the portrait into storage.

and then our own parshuram will ramble about his random thoughts on storage

Last edited by DesiBaba; December 21st, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah...we might end up in storage or worst, end up in the recycling bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post

and then our own parshuram will ramble about his random thoughts on storage
didnt get you. Who is Parshuram?
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:05 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post

didnt get you. Who is Parshuram?
28Virgo....

Old December 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, why should we care? its not like we are still alive...or are we?
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, why should we care? its not like we are still alive...or are we?
exactly why care where we end up once gone. Once dead you are dead/gone forever.
But yes till we are alive keep on changing.....life is boring if it is stagnant

Old December 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This happens with people too. Expectations, emotions....is it really worth renovating ourselves completely? Suddenly I have to be an investment banker at work, suddenly I am a homely wife at home, suddenly I am an insecure daughter-in-law and suddenly I become vulnerable to baseless musings.
After a while, will we all become an old-church-for-sale; devoid of proper warmth, devoid of what we were once up on a time?

sorry...long, incoherent post
You must be a saint ... Rekhaji ... your musings are so neat, clean, saintly and sanitized ... like those of Landyabhai. I was musing this early morning while driving to work but mine were so depraved that I am ashamed to express them to a good lady like you.

Rekhaji ... such is the nature of universe ... we are in a motion of constant change. We have to struggle every single moment of our lives, to keep up or we too will be swept away with the tide ... like dead fish.

Human nature is such. We never stop for fear of being left behind. Our sense of fear of deprivation is too strong for us to slow down and there is not one holy book or saint who has ever had the answer. Many people and many scriptures have claimed to have all the answers, they lie, because it is our very need to enter struggles for change is what makes us human. Those who claim to have stopped the clock of very human of nature ... people like Buddhas and priests and Swamis and gurus ... in truth are leaches ... they live ... they survive because they live off humans like us ... like leaches.

There is Buddha because villagers worked, struggled to keep him fed or he would have ceased to exist ... like dead fish. There are swamis, gurus and rest of the shit on television and temples because you pay for their up-keep, television time, their electric bills, their food, their transport, their coattails of chellas and chellis and followers. All these arseoles who claim to have all the answers is because you support them or else they will disappear like dead fish with the tide.

You are a better person cause you are human. You are willing to force yourself to change and struggle. You are the fish who swims against the stream because YOU ARE ALIVE AND NOT AFRAID TO FACE THE CHANGE.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
exactly why care where we end up once gone. Once dead you are dead/gone forever.
But yes till we are alive keep on changing.....life is boring if it is stagnant
Precisely ... keep at your karmas ... don't think of portrait ... it won't matter... not after one is gone.

Old December 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
You must be a saint ... Rekhaji ... your musings are so neat, clean, saintly and sanitized ... like those of Landyabhai. I was musing this early morning while driving to work but mine were so depraved that I am ashamed to express them to a good lady like you.

You and me... we are like twins... or maybe duplicate ids

If Rakihi tai posts her sultry hot photos here on echarcha then I assure you that she will be appearing in my muses too... while I drive to work. It is just the uncertainty... the uncertainty of her ID that keeps her from my mind

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
You are a better person cause you are human. You are willing to force yourself to change and struggle. You are the fish who swims against the stream because YOU ARE ALIVE AND NOT AFRAID TO FACE THE CHANGE.
But tantricji....if you do not associate with yourself...how should i put it..

if you do not recognize yourself after a while then is it a great thing? I mean, with change everything changes. Its not that I am afraid of change....It just that I want some familiarity with my past.

And by the way...I am no saint. You will be surprised
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No Rakiji tai, you will be surprised... when you hear the sordid details of the people whom we have deemed saints

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Rekhaji ... such is the nature of universe ... we are in a motion of constant change. We have to struggle every single moment of our lives, to keep up or we too will be swept away with the tide ... like dead fish.

Human nature is such. We never stop for fear of being left behind. Our sense of fear of deprivation is too strong for us to slow down and there is not one holy book or saint who has ever had the answer. Many people and many scriptures have claimed to have all the answers, they lie, because it is our very need to enter struggles for change is what makes us human. Those who claim to have stopped the clock of very human of nature ... people like Buddhas and priests and Swamis and gurus ... in truth are leaches ... they live ... they survive because they live off humans like us ... like leaches.

There is Buddha because villagers worked, struggled to keep him fed or he would have ceased to exist ... like dead fish. There are swamis, gurus and rest of the shit on television and temples because you pay for their up-keep, television time, their electric bills, their food, their transport, their coattails of chellas and chellis and followers. All these arseoles who claim to have all the answers is because you support them or else they will disappear like dead fish with the tide.

Landya is TY? or TY is Landya?

Old December 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
But tantricji....if you do not associate with yourself...how should i put it..

if you do not recognize yourself after a while then is it a great thing? I mean, with change everything changes. Its not that I am afraid of change....It just that I want some familiarity with my past.
Perhaps if you could deliberate some more otherwise forgive me for sounding corny.

Only familiarity we have with our past is in our memories and that is where they ought to reside. We must accept that we aren't the only once losing familiarity or changing. Our needs and our wants are not the same as they were yesterday. That's the law of nature. If you are missing familiar reciprocations, I am sorry to tell you, you cannot have them.

You can write a book but keeping in mind nature of this site ... what are we made of? To keep it simple and basic and drag in just a bit of philosophy ... we are our nature, our instincts, and our impulses. Isn't it? Even our judicial system recognizes that fact. A criminal acted out of natural inborn instincts or in a moment of impulse.

our instincts get rugged with passage of time. Our impulses are strictly a build-up and release of spur of the moment needs, wants, thoughts, actions, reactions. Our nature remains constant. Doesn't change or did it? You are an investment banker so you must be familiar with the story of guy in the news ... Madoff. He was a crook by very nature and instincts. He collected billions. He had an opportunity to change. We will never know if he had any impulses to change and go against his very nature? This is what he was and this is how he will live for the rest of his life ... by his nature.

Let me recite a personal example ... please do not quote ... Recall our old Indian story of a sadhu who saved a drowning snake and got bitten in the process? Sadhu's nature versus snake's.

Familiarity is in your memory. Change is natural and we ought to welcome it because we have no other options. Rekhaji ... you see what I am getting it? Or else you just wait for me to finish my book. I will send you an autographed copy. Just kidding.

Quote:
Our male member's wet dreams are coming true ... finally.

Care to elaborate?

Just kidding, Rekhaji.

Last edited by tantric_yogi; December 23rd, 2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yogiji, what she meant is there is no need to swim against the stream ... flow with the stream, that is what she meant