eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Educated Mr. Prithviraj Chavan Also Corrupt??

Mr 5% unclean?
This new educated Maharashtra CM from Kangress also corrupt??

Prithviraj Chavan got a 40-lakh flat in Wadala for a mere 4 lakh under CM's 5% quota for the poor, reveals RTI.In less than 24 hours since he took oath as chief minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan's Mr Clean image has been put to the test.

An RTI activist has revealed that the CM bought a property meant for the weaker section of society, worth Rs 40 lakh in Wadala for a mere Rs 4 lakh, but did not mention it in his affidavit submitted during the Rajya Sabha elections.

When MiD DAY visited Venus building, we found Prithviraj Chavan's name on the society's notice board and that the society dues for flat 201 were paid till March 2011. The flat is on lease

The documents (copies of which are with MiD DAY) reveal that Chavan had stated his average monthly income as Rs 76,000 and was allotted the flat in Bhakti Park, building no 12, measuring 1032.7 sq ft on May 20, 2003.

RTI activist Anil Galgali, who obtained the documents, adds that while Chavan, who was an MP based in Delhi, had quoted his monthly income as Rs 76,000 in the application, the ration card copy issued in his late mother Pramilabai Dajisaheb Chavan's name showed the annual family income as just Rs 1 lakh.

However, for a family to fall under the weaker section the annual income should have been under Rs 1.5 lakh in 2003. And Chavan's income clearly was far more than that.

The price of the said property was over Rs 40 lakh, but Chavan was allotted the flat for a mere Rs 4 lakh under the 5 per cent quota of the chief minister, reveals the RTI.

Ironically, the chief minister in question was none other than Sushilkumar Shinde, who has been accused of clearing the Adarsh housing file during the same period (2003).

No mention

Interestingly, in the affidavit submitted in the 2009 Rajya Sabha elections, Chavan does not mention any details about his Wadala property. Though his assets mention about property in Delhi valued over Rs 1.1 crore.

An RTI activist has revealed that CM Prithviraj Chavan bought a flat that was reserved for the poor in Venus building, Bhakti Park in Wadala

Galgali said, "The only reason to file an RTI in December 2008 was to get the list of people who had obtained flats under the chief minister's quota. I had information about rampant misuse of the scheme to benefit certain people from well-to-do families depriving the rights of poor."

He added, "Initially the Urban Development Department were reluctant to share information. I had to then challenge it in appeal and finally after two months in February 2009, I got the list of beneficiaries since 1984 to Feb 2009, including names of journalists, freedom fighters, politicians, artists, etc."

"It is a mere coincidence that I had sought the details of Chavan, as I knew he was with the PMO office and based in Delhi. On checking the documents, I found the irregularities and hence decided to expose it," said Galgali.

Weaker section

A person having an annual income under Rs 1.5 lakh can apply for a house under the weaker section of society chief minister's quota (2, 5 and 10 per cent) schemes

Doesn't add up

> In an affidavit submitted before the 2009 Rajya Sabha elections, Prithviraj Chavan claimed he had assets (houses) valued at Rs 1.1 crore in Delhi. He does not mention about the Wadala property.

> In an application for the Wadala flat, Chavan claims his monthly income as
Rs 76,000, whereas his mother's ration card (which has Chavan's name as well) claims an annual family income of Rs 1 lakh

The Other Side

Numerous attempts made by MiD DAY to get comments from Prithviraj Chavan did not yield any result.

His personal assistant Bharat Mane confirmed to MiD DAY that the message was conveyed to the CM and he would revert back with his statement, but at the time of going to press, their was no response from either the CM or his office.

Meanwhile, the CM's cousin Punjabrao Chavan denied that Chavan ever had any property in Mumbai. "He (Chavan) has never discussed about any such property that he owns in Mumbai."

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/nov...-elections.htm

Last edited by viking; November 12th, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Educated Mr. Prithviraj Chavan Also Corrupt??

Which minister worth his salt has not taken some 'advantage' of his position?

Did anyone use the RTI act when Pramod Mahajan was shot? How come Mr. Mahajan have a big flat in the posh area where he was shot? What was his source of income?

For that matter, how come the Thackreys got 'special' permission to reconstruct and add more FSI to the Matoshree bunglow a few years ago? And when they renovated Sena Bhavan, how come they got more FSI?

Hamaam me sabhi nange
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Educated Mr. Prithviraj Chavan Also Corrupt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

Hamaam me sabhi nange
I think its good that all these things are coming to light. This is not going to be with Congress leaders alone. I have a feeling this trend would expose every party.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I think its good that all these things are coming to light. This is not going to be with Congress leaders alone. I have a feeling this trend would expose every party.
Rakhi tai,

RTI did not exist when SS-BJP were in power in Maharashtra. They behaved worst than Congress. They tried to make up for in 5 years what Congress party did in 40 plus years. And that is the real reason the people kicked them out. Every SS leader knows this but wont admit it obviously

Chai Paani culture is part of our DNA. So instead of harping over it and jumping like kids in a candy store, people have to either live with it or get into politics and do something about it. Writing on forums makes no difference.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rakhi tai,

RTI did not exist when SS-BJP were in power in Maharashtra. They behaved worst than Congress. They tried to make up for in 5 years what Congress party did in 40 plus years. And that is the real reason the people kicked them out. Every SS leader knows this but wont admit it obviously

Chai Paani culture is part of our DNA. So instead of harping over it and jumping like kids in a candy store, people have to either live with it or get into politics and do something about it. Writing on forums makes no difference.
RTI did not exist during sena-bjp's rule does not mean what they did then is out of purview of RTI today

1. This Chavan did a foolish thing by availing this flat under the poor quota, in his own name while his income declaration shows him as non-poor.
2. Foolish thing again by not declaring this 40L thingy in his election declaration while declaring the much costlier 1.1 crore delhi one.

It will be really funny if a 2nd Congressi Chavan Maharashtra CM looses his post for a flat worth few lakhs when a UPA minister is going strong with few lakh crores under his belt

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; November 12th, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did anyone use the RTI act when Pramod Mahajan was shot? How come Mr. Mahajan have a big flat in the posh area where he was shot? What was his source of income?

For that matter, how come the Thackreys got 'special' permission to reconstruct and add more FSI to the Matoshree bunglow a few years ago? And when they renovated Sena Bhavan, how come they got more FSI?

Hamaam me sabhi nange
Bole to?sab koi corrupt hain to ek aur corrupt ho gaya to kya fark padta hai?
First thing not everybody is corrupt.And for this particular thing,he could have avoided it - after all he is not brain dead like many other politicians - he is well educated - right?

He could have set an example for others but he did not.
I hope he is indicted,convicted and imprisoned asap.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Bole to?sab koi corrupt hain to ek aur corrupt ho gaya to kya fark padta hai?
First thing not everybody is corrupt.And for this particular thing,he could have avoided it - after all he is not brain dead like many other politicians - he is well educated - right?

He could have set an example for others but he did not.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post

I love your childish innocence and naivete.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hamaam me sabhi nange

baroobbbbar... so what do we do? do we as citizens of a country whose roots we dont want to leave, sweep the new CMs paap under carpet? or do we strive to elect someone who is cleaner?
or do we, like you, get nanga ourselves and dive into the hamam headfirst?

was mahajan chosen as CM on the basis of his 'clean' image? was he chosen as CM to clean the govt has mr chavan has been?
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

correct me if i am wrong but pournima building at worli was constructed by current and ex mla's and mp's of all parties on a government land leased to them.

as per new rules of bmc they gave more space for the road and footpath..which gave them extra FSI

Hamaam me sabhi nange
congressis are the ones in hamam,bjpwallahs are trying to pull them out naked
no congresswallah can be clean..if he is clean he will never climb to this position.If he is clean how will he send maal to 10 janpath????

chavan and co should b charged under MCOCA,this is a clear case of an organised crime where they have encroached land meant for war widows...this has to be a federal crime....
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Super eCharchan

Soorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Educated Mr. Prithviraj Chavan Also Corrupt??

Quote:

Hamaam me sabhi nange
Charchu pai , sariledge!! you have taken on Bal Thackray !!!! I can never recollect Sunit having anything other than kind words for Mr.Thackray .

It seems , Charchu pai has got the Atma transformation from Rajdeep Sardesai

Clue : This favourite dialog of Rajdeep's

"Hamamam me sabhi nange hain"
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Rajdeep Sardesai is a pinko commie with whom I can never side. So no, hamaam mein sabhi nangey is not his invention but it applies to the situation for sure.

As for corruption related news, its not even news these days. Infact I am happy that all politicians are into it and having a field day at it. Infact it benefits the public in a round about way.

See, if the politician like Mr. Chavan had no incentive to get a flat in that building from a special quota, then he would have not been interested to grant permissions for it. Same goes to the bureacrats who work in the Municipal Corporation and Housing Board (MHADA) who have to give permissions for building anything. All of them got a few flats and the rest went to the common public. So this incentive of almost free flats has incentivised the politicians and bureacrats and has made them ensure that a building was built which ultimately benefitted the common folks who live in that building.

Sounds warped, but its the reality - in our country, corruption will never go, so its best we make maximum use of it for some if not complete benefit of the common man.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I love your childish innocence and naivete.
You really thought that I was seriously hoping that would happen?

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See, if the politician like Mr. Chavan had no incentive to get a flat in that building from a special quota, then he would have not been interested to grant permissions for it.
Ashok Chauvan's dad was a CM but he acted as a Middle Class Stupid guy.

Does CMs get caught in 2 Bedroom Flats. He could occupided entire Buildings or 100 of Bunglows in Mumbai but he was silly enough to get greedy for just a small Flat and that too for Kargil Widows .

Anything associated remotely with Army will screw you Royally . Didn't he learnt this from Rajiv Gandhi. His competitor in stupidity could be only Bangaru Laxman

Good that he is fired. Sad that my favourite Vilas Rao Desmukh didn't became CM. Did Vilas Rao or Sharad Pawar ever get involved in such stupid situations.
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Ashok Chauvan's dad was a CM but he acted as a Middle Class Stupid guy.

Does CMs get caught in 2 Bedroom Flats. He could occupided entire Buildings or 100 of Bunglows in Mumbai but he was silly enough to get greedy for just a small Flat and that too for Kargil Widows .

Anything associated remotely with Army will screw you Royally . Didn't he learnt this from Rajiv Gandhi. His competitor in stupidity could be only Bangaru Laxman

Good that he is fired. Sad that my favourite Vilas Rao Desmukh didn't became CM. Did Vilas Rao or Sharad Pawar ever get involved in such stupid situations.
As I said in one of the threads - RTI act was infact enacted by smarter politicians to weed out dumb ones