eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 13th, 2018, 02:52 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,338
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Okay all of us have some political views. Depending on the country - India or US - your views are, for example. leftist, rightist, centrist, some-is, etc...

Now I never let my political views be open in public at my work place. Even if my colleagues/clients try to elicit a response, my standard reply is - "I am a nobody and I do not have any opinion on politics because I am more interested in pursuing my own goals"

I have seen a lot of people carry their politics into the office and the issues it creates.

So have you been singled out because you said something about politics which the majority at your workplace did not agree with?

Have you seen examples of ostracism or 'weird looks' or 'disdain' because of political views at the work place?
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions

Last edited by echarcha; July 13th, 2018 at 03:42 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 13th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Gr8_Hindustani's Avatar
Gr8_Hindustani Gr8_Hindustani is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,895
Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Okay all of us have some political views. Depending on the country - India or US - your views are, for example. leftist, rightist, centrist, some-is, etc...

Now I never let my political views be open in public at my work place. Even if my colleagues/clients try to elicit a response, my standard reply is - "I am a nobody and I do not have any opinion on politics because I am more interested in pursuing my own goals"

I have seen a lot of people carry their politics into the office and the issues it creates.

So have been singled out because you said something about politics which the majority at your workplace did not agree with?

Have you seen examples of ostracism or 'weird looks' or 'disdain' because of political views at the work place?
Not a work place but definitely on WhatsApp group.
__________________
HINDUSTANI

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 13th, 2018, 03:45 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,338
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Hindustani View Post
Not a work place but definitely on WhatsApp group.
I never put anything on WhatsApp groups except directly to my friends or family members. Same with any social sites like reddit.

The problem is that the moment you express your politics, you are hated by someone or the other. Usually the so called liberals and so called seculars are far more intolerant than any one.

If you are not in compliance with the views of the liberals or seculars then you are criticised, ostracised and thought of as a cave man.

If you are centrist, then you are labelled as a idiot who has no opinion.

And if you are on the right ... then you know what happens
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 13th, 2018, 03:46 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,338
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Once a persistent manager was trying to needle out my politics during lunch...

I stuck to 'I vote for McDonalds for breakfast, I vote for Subway for a healthy alternative at lunch, and I vote for a nice pasta for dinner'. He got the message!
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:22 PM
dirty's Avatar
dirty dirty is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: SoCal USA
Posts: 11,392
dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

I never express my politics at work or discuss with work colleagues. Sadly, I have to ban some of my friends on Facebook since they became fucking AAPtards.....


I have one Anti Modi guy in my school whats app group but no one give a shit about himm. If it gets too much , I will kick him out......
Also the fact that Fadnavis's brother is in same group so you can't really go full blast anti modi.....
__________________
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:18 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,448
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

I also keep political views away. However, a while back a desi peaceful lady was quite upset on a hint that i might be supporting Trump (that was well before he became the president).

The conversation went as -



A maccu- If you were a citizen, who would you be supporting.

Me - A saner republican like John Kasich
Maccu-What if Trumo gets nominated.

Me - I am not sure.



The peaceful lady who was quite till now freaked out at this saying that people like me who help Trump come to power.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:00 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,962
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

I’m pretty blunt and say it on the face.. one gult was lecturing me and others about Modi being a dickhead and how he ruined Andhra.. I told that TDP fan to keep voting for dynast mofos.

All AAPtards have been trashed by me during lunch.. now they never bring up Delhi/politics in front of me

Tamizh janta I don’t mix much.. I once told them their sickular commie upbringing in convent schools, reading The Hindu crap, and listening to Tamizh politicians has got them brainwashed for life.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Bhidubhai's Avatar
Bhidubhai Bhidubhai is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 561
Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Ostracisation is more in India based on personal preferences specially caste, language. Puneri Brahmins are notorious for screwing non Brahmins. Same with Tamilian charcoals screwing others language people. Mallus think highly of themselves only because some distantnrealtive works in Kerala capital Dubai. Kaanadis think they are from IT capital of world.

Above examples are not political as such. But they actually draw the political lines, so quoting them.
__________________
Mangta hai kya kharcha pani
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:22 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,448
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
All AAPtards have been trashed by me during lunch.. now they never bring up Delhi/politics in front of me
I once had a discussion with an AAPTard on FB long back on FDI in retail. Thets long before AK became Delhi CM. In fact when AK asked for referendum on FDI in retail, that is what set of alarm bells for me.

Talked to him recently and he says he is no more an AAPTard. BTW, he is also in your gaon now.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:26 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,448
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
Ostracisation is more in India based on personal preferences specially caste, language. Puneri Brahmins are notorious for screwing non Brahmins. Same with Tamilian charcoals screwing others language people. Mallus think highly of themselves only because some distantnrealtive works in Kerala capital Dubai. Kaanadis think they are from IT capital of world.

Above examples are not political as such. But they actually draw the political lines, so quoting them.
Extending that to Desis in US, other southies (or Gujjus) do not link well with me because i am a Gult. Gults do not link up well with me because i am not Gult enough. Only northies (UP, MP, Ounjabis, etc.) link well with me, or those who i have worked long enough with.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:37 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,448
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Okay all of us have some political views. Depending on the country - India or US - your views are, for example. leftist, rightist, centrist, some-is, etc...

Now I never let my political views be open in public at my work place. Even if my colleagues/clients try to elicit a response, my standard reply is - "I am a nobody and I do not have any opinion on politics because I am more interested in pursuing my own goals"

I have seen a lot of people carry their politics into the office and the issues it creates.

So have you been singled out because you said something about politics which the majority at your workplace did not agree with?

Have you seen examples of ostracism or 'weird looks' or 'disdain' because of political views at the work place?
I could actually use that whoever i have voted for, lost the election badly.

Else, it might be risky to be a right winger in CA.

When in LA, I once asked a couple of ladies if they would support Carly Fiorina as a Senator and they emphatically told no. I asked 'wont you support another tech woman like you'. That didnt mean anything to them. They were also upset with John Mccain choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate.

BTW, their director was a hard core right winger. He came from Europe and wanted to be very American like buying only AMerican cars. I did manage to get a sampling of american beers from him.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 16th, 2018, 12:37 PM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,338
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Extending that to Desis in US, other southies (or Gujjus) do not link well with me because i am a Gult. Gults do not link up well with me because i am not Gult enough. Only northies (UP, MP, Ounjabis, etc.) link well with me, or those who i have worked long enough with.
sgars,
I have a few very good Gulti friends who are not at all gulti. Yes, hard to believe, but they are really cool non-gulti guys.. Other than their love for Gongura and brinjals, they are completely non-gulti

I know what you mean because these guys have the same experiences and feelings.

As for politics - Oh man, if you see sites like reddit, you know what goes on there. If you ever say something centrist or slight towards the center, you are bombarded and yelled at.

People here, in CA, just don't have a center, all are on left. Like if you support fiscal conservatism then you are a capitalist pig. If you say okay let us throw money at social programs they are all for you. But then the taxes go up and they again scream at tax hikes. Its full non-sense.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:32 PM
AmthaLal's Avatar
AmthaLal AmthaLal is offline
Chaiman Of the Board.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: .
Posts: 10,664
AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

One hard core Modi hater un-friended me on FB, like I give a shit.

And couple of my cousin's husbands do not send me any anti BJP/NaMo shit anymore on whatsap after I gave them fitting replies. Not even jokes. Good riddence.
__________________
RIP Swami. You will be missed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 18th, 2018, 04:32 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
2
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,448
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

^^
In my school whatsapp group there is a hard core ROP hating guy who would not put up with any stuff against Modi. Once i put him in a quandry by sending a message from Modi with Id mubarak
More often than not, i am with him though.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 18th, 2018, 07:56 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 15,962
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel ostracized because of your political views at your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
One hard core Modi hater un-friended me on FB, like I give a shit.

And couple of my cousin's husbands do not send me any anti BJP/NaMo shit anymore on whatsap after I gave them fitting replies. Not even jokes. Good riddence.
I have only once unfriended somebody who happened to be a Modi hater.. engg college christian classmate doing watchman security job at some Aussie airport.. sent me video about how great Aussie currency bills are.. plastic bills and stuff.. i commented that except Queen’s pic everything else is nice.. out of nowhere he says Modi ka photo laga de kya.. and then I blocked him.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; July 18th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bjp, centrist, congress, democrat, leftist, modi, pappu, politics, republican, rightist, trump, work culture


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
views on echarchans bsteve Friday Special 18 July 9th, 2011 09:00 AM
Your views. IA SoapBox 18 August 1st, 2002 02:09 PM
Adoption: your views please? echarcha Relationships 34 June 1st, 2002 01:38 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.