eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old November 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
eCharchan

Binxx is a jewel in the roughBinxx is a jewel in the roughBinxx is a jewel in the rough
Kumble appointed India Test captain

Linky

Good choice?

Bad Choice?

Personally I would have gone with Ganguly for the 2 tests against the pakis and with Dhoni being the vice captain.

Serves couple of purposes:

1. SCG fails and does not get picked for the Aus series for TESTS
2. Dhoni gains a learning curve for TEST captaincy, and an experienced captain is paramount in Australia

I do not know if Kumble has ever captained in any form of the game?
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kumble appointed India Test captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binxx
Linky

Good choice?

Bad Choice?

Personally I would have gone with Ganguly for the 2 tests against the pakis and with Dhoni being the vice captain.

Serves couple of purposes:

1. SCG fails and does not get picked for the Aus series for TESTS
2. Dhoni gains a learning curve for TEST captaincy, and an experienced captain is paramount in Australia

I do not know if Kumble has ever captained in any form of the game?
First class me Kumble ne kiya hai captaincy.
Actually,appointing Kumble is not as good a decision as not to burden Dhobi with captaincy.Dhoni would have been finished had he toured down under as Indian captain in all three formats of the game.Now Kumble can play for at most a year and that will mean end of near future away tours for Indian team.After that Dhoni will be appointed captain for home matches which will allow him to learn the finer details of captaincy and also make a mistake or two and not suffer that much.
I think selectors have put forward a masterstroke here.
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad Anilbhai, one of the most loyal, humble and talented cricketers to have played for India, finally got this opportunity. I believe he's fully competent for this job, and wish him all the best

Sent from my iPhone.
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Kumble definitely has cricketing brain. What remains to be seen is how he handles pressure. Indias captaincy is one of the toughest job in sporting world. Good luck to JUMBO !
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
eCharchan

Binxx is a jewel in the roughBinxx is a jewel in the roughBinxx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
I am glad Anilbhai, one of the most loyal, humble and talented cricketers to have played for India, finally got this opportunity. I believe he's fully competent for this job, and wish him all the best
Being loyal, humble and talented are no qualifiers for captaincy. Captain's are leaders, they are the ones who lead by examples.

Look at Graeme Smith or Ricky Ponting for that matter.

I hope Kumble does well but is this in the long term interests of the team?
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM
eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
First class me Kumble ne kiya hai captaincy.
Yes, you are right, he currently leads Karnataka
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Kumble appointed India Test captain

BOhat late hua, par bohat achchaa hua.........

Actually Anil is one of those rare species who are "down-to-earth silent performers", so he is getting this opportunity out of no choice rather that merit, that's sad

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:01 AM
eCharchan

Chhota baccha will become famous soon enoughChhota baccha will become famous soon enough

Just as a reward to Mr. Kumble in last spell of his career.......only for three matches with Pakistan........BCCI ko long run mein Captaincy ki problem ko solve karne ka try karna chahiye........