eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad


Life Abroad All about life away from home

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2000, 11:31 AM
Posts: n/a

Can anyone tell me that if we are treated as aliens in the US, .i.e. we have limited rights like our spouses/dependents who are on H4 cannot work, and that we have to leave the country in 6 years(if we don't get the green card), then why do we land up paying the social security money? As that money allegedly goes towards the retirement benefits.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2000, 01:10 PM
Posts: n/a
Post You can check with...

Hello Amit,

If you work on H1 for 6 years and do not plan to get a green card then you have to go back. If you do get a green card, then you will be here.

But many folks wish to go back to India after 6 years H1 and not come back. In that case you can withdraw your social security money from your account. I thin you have to pay some early withdrawal fees.

You can get more details at
Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am new here. Are there any forum rules here apunbola Newbie FAQ 132 September 6th, 2015 05:54 AM
ICC approves changes in the ODI rules! Alibaba Sports 13 June 28th, 2005 04:03 PM
New rules at eCharcha.Com echarcha Feedback 54 April 30th, 2003 04:12 PM
Kissing Rules clik Relationships 0 April 21st, 2003 11:57 PM
Rules? vme SoapBox 17 June 17th, 2002 04:22 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.