eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Work visas

Notices

Work visas Want to discuss about H1B and other work related visa regulations and latest updates?

Old January 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: H1B Holders: BEWARE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud View Post
Awareness and having all the required documentation ready is the key. People with lackadaisical attitude of course will have to pay with a ER or Withdrawal. Anyway won't affect me in anyway as I am settled in India for near future
This entire employer-employee relationship clause was always present under H1B guidelines. Just that this Neufeld memo is asking IOs to make sure that such a relationship exists before allowing the beneficiary entry into the US. This is a way to crackdown on mom-n-pop desi body-shopping companies (thank you!) and would not affect companies who place their consultants onsite via first-hand contracts with their clients (direct clients). In some cases, the IOs were out-of-line and started ER proceedings without sufficient inquiry.

What I fail to understand is, you approve the petition, then you go ahead and provide a visa as well and then when the poor fella shows up at the POE, you deport him for good? Even Bangladesh would have a better immigration system than this dude!
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
even the rates paid by the Desi MNC's for consultants is 20-30% less than the market rate.
it is much more than what they pay their employees though... a desi company cannot manage to give the same cost advantage to a client if the desi company employees all consultants only.
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna View Post
What I fail to understand is, you approve the petition, then you go ahead and provide a visa as well and then when the poor fella shows up at the POE, you deport him for good? Even Bangladesh would have a better immigration system than this dude!
thats the thing.. forget the money.. but imagine deporting for this.. just shows how weak US govt's visa laws are.. they have to depend on POE guys to control what their improperly implemented laws couldn't achieve.

I am wondering if a total freeze on H1B's leaving for India/ home country will cause a concern now. air carriers will see a sudden drop from Newark and NY if not all other ports..

I'm thinking of calling my parents this summer.. not going until all this BS is resolved.
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
thats the thing.. forget the money.. but imagine deporting for this.. just shows how weak US govt's visa laws are.. they have to depend on POE guys to control what their improperly implemented laws couldn't achieve.

I am wondering if a total freeze on H1B's leaving for India/ home country will cause a concern now. air carriers will see a sudden drop from Newark and NY if not all other ports..

I'm thinking of calling my parents this summer.. not going until all this BS is resolved.
I would love to see that day when they totally abolish this H1B deal. If you're having troubles with your economy and you don't want outsiders to come in and take your jobs away, then why introduce them in the first place? Or don't let the H1Bs apply for residency! At least, they will know it's temporary. Oh wait, we do need a constant flow of idiots who we can extort taxes, health insurance, social security, medicare etc. from right?

Now I'm concerned with how they might fuck up the PR rules from here on. You spend over a decade in this country and some moron officer will tell you you're banned for life!
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute

whats the latest scenario ?
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzva View Post
whats the latest scenario ?
latest scenario is you have a fucking visa to a country and they wont let you in!
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna View Post
latest scenario is you have a fucking visa to a country and they wont let you in!

Work visa, immigrant visa, student visa, business visa, diplomat visa .. yeh sub suna tha.

First time I heard of anyone getting fucking visa. I thought only Thailand issued those??

And, yes, it is a travesty if you have a fucking visa .. but they wont "let you in". I guess its called a "Blue Balls Deportation".

oh well ...
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Work visa, immigrant visa, student visa, business visa, diplomat visa .. yeh sub suna tha.

First time I heard of anyone getting fucking visa. I thought only Thailand issued those??

And, yes, it is a travesty if you have a fucking visa .. but they wont "let you in". I guess its called a "Blue Balls Deportation".

oh well ...
I thought F1 was the fucking visa... the university fucks you royally!
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud View Post
Awareness and having all the required documentation ready is the key. People with lackadaisical attitude of course will have to pay with a ER or Withdrawal. Anyway won't affect me in anyway as I am settled in India for near future
Platform number? (j/k)
Old January 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how after years of struggle, you're still considered an 'alien' at the end of the day.