eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Work visas

Notices

Work visas Want to discuss about H1B and other work related visa regulations and latest updates?

Old October 4th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wots needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaaz Balushi View Post
Do you know the guy whom eCharcha is referring to? Are you sure its discrimination and not some documentational deficiency. Do you too have some related really 'shocking/amazing' story to tell?

Many a times some governmental issues get delayed if you don't submit proper or complete documents. Muslim name might be just a coincidence.
Fine, if you believe so. And I do not have any shocking news to tell. I have no idea who EC is referring to but i was talking more in general.
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Fine, if you believe so. And I do not have any shocking news to tell. I have no idea who EC is referring to but i was talking more in general.
I am impressed with the conviction you make baseless statements and then call it general statements.

Look at this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Arbaaz, there would be delay, but not as much as there would be if he/she holds a Muslim name. Yes, I agree it is discrimination, but that how the things are lately. Dont have to get defensive, itís a fact.
And you don't have anything to support your 'fact'.
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, had he been a hindu, this 'delay' wouldn't be there?
I am telling you what is happening. Not just with him, but he told me that people from other countries too are facing same 'delays'. He is active on some website forum about visas and citizenship etc. He told me from what he sees there.
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you know the guy whom eCharcha is referring to? Are you sure its discrimination and not some documentational deficiency. Do you too have some related really 'shocking/amazing' story to tell?

Many a times some governmental issues get delayed if you don't submit proper or complete documents. Muslim name might be just a coincidence.
He is a colleague and I know him. I know his whole story because when he applied for US citizenship, he was delayed too! No his paperwork was fine then and is fine even now for his spouse visa!

Why is it that you have to keep doubting what I told you? Do I have any benefit or cause for celebration because my colleague is facing a problem? I dont know about overall visa processing status of all Muslims in USA. I told you because I saw this happening with someone I work with!
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am impressed with the conviction you make baseless statements and then call it general statements.

Look at this again:

And you don't have anything to support your 'fact'.
Wow, really, which part of thw world do you live in? Try logging into immigration forums or any Muslim forums, you will know what I mean. Before you call someones statements baseless, make sure you cover your facts first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I am telling you what is happening. Not just with him, but he told me that people from other countries too are facing same 'delays'. He is active on some website forum about visas and citizenship etc. He told me from what he sees there.
Its OK EC, Arbaaz seems to be living in a make belief world.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
First off, to get a H1B visa you need to show experience. Which means you need to work at some IT company, for atleast 2 or 3 years. Then that IT company has to send you to USA on H1B if they have some contracts on site. If not, then some company in USA has to show that your skills are needed and not available locally. So then they can procure a H1B visa for you.

Today, the skills needed vary on requirements but in general you need to be good in following areas -
Java or .NET,
Oracle with some Oracle applications,
SAP and related modules

These are general areas which are usually required skills.

And to let you know, these days getting H1 has become more difficult because the sponsor has to file far more detailed paper work and evidences etc to get the LCA (Labour certification) prior to H1B.

So all in all, its best to get a job in an IT company in India (I dont know if Pakistan has any) and then come to USA via them.
Thank you isr. I really appriciate it .
This post of urs was very informative.