eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Hindi

Notices

Hindi You can post in Hindi here...

Old August 19th, 2014, 07:28 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: इतने वर्षों बाद भारत माँ को खुलकर मुस्कुर

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
This is how I see it..

MMS: Almost every year he made a roaring threat to Pakistan and whimpered like a mangy dog later on. Opportunity lost after 26/11 when even US said if India bombards Pakistan one would understand its to protect the sovereignty. He just read announcements which had no meaning or implications. You've seen my comments on how he said 'Jai Hind' at the end of his speeches.

Modi: Spoke from the heart and announced Bank accounts with life insurance, biggest announcement which will help the common man.

Made at least half a billion fans with talk about women security and toilets for girls, hit the nail on the head when he said parents need to check boys instead of forcing their girls to remain at home.

Clean India initiative.. Gandhi's legacy of prabhat pheri was lost at one time, and service of nation put on back burner. Today patriotism only means singing or listening to patriotic songs for half hour on 15th August/26th January. Its the duty of PM and govt to give direction to the nation on this.

I saw his speech as very visionary and motivational .. 4.5 stars on 5 from me.
The way I see it :

1) no comparisons between MMS and Modi. Modi is a good orator and knows it and he uses it to impress the audience, even if it means being miserly with the facts.

2) The Jan Dhan yojana is a populist measure, just the kind that they would've opposed had UPA proposed it. They did oppose Food Security Bill tooth and nail. As an insurance scheme, it is very much like a promissory note.

3) Bank accounts with debit cards, yeah good idea. Been round for some time. And they will be linked to the aadhar card, which they had criticized till before the elections

4) Female Foeticide and women's welfare .. Pure hypocrisy and rhetoric, simple to win brownie points. The problem of female foeticide happened in our lifetime, when all of today's white haired people were old enough to understand it. Directly or indirectly many of us have even promoted it. It couldn't have become so rampant all over India, including Gujarat, if not for acceptance by the general populace, which puts greater onus on the leaders.

And let's remember, wasn't so long ago when as CM of Gujarat, Modi had remarked that the girls in the state were so keen on looking good that they skipped meals and that was the reason for malnourishment. You will find the exact quotes and the reactions on the web.

Further, reverse apartheid is no answer to apartheid. Instead of suggesting solutions for "girls" and "boys", he could've called for equality in the eyes of parents for their offspring.

5) Cleanliness - as I mentioned in the earlier post - fine. Good point.

I saw his speech as just a duty performed, nothing much in it.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:13 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
And let's remember, wasn't so long ago when as CM of Gujarat, Modi had remarked that the girls in the state were so keen on looking good that they skipped meals and that was the reason for malnourishment. You will find the exact quotes and the reactions on the web.
Fine example of media filter and sensationalism..

Is it not true that Gujjus do eat khakra and farsaan all day? Some ladies of course are skimping on food and eating farsaan all day.

This was what Beniwal was sent to do in Gujarat and same in Karnataka, put your governor there and research all avenues with NDTV, CNN-IBN to show govt in bad light. Congress has had this strategy from Nehru's days, destabilize all non-Congress state govts in any way possible. Nehru, Indira, Rajeev and now even MMS reshuffled the cabinet almost every year so no minister can make a mark politically.

P.S. pessimism is a chronic disease.

Like the shoe salesman sent to Africa for market research came back and said nobody wears shoes there, no scope of sales.. the other salesman said HUGE scope of sales as we can sell a pair of shoes to each person not wearing shoes.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 19th, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:32 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There wasn't much in the speech, though the expectations were high. It was mostly a "clarion call" to get everyone to work, manufacturing - there was a clarion call but certainly no clear direction/roadmap. With Ganeshotsav coming soon, there will be chinese ganpatis around as have been for last 2-3 years. Then chinese firecrackers for Diwali and chinese kites for sankaranti etc.. That is the ground reality. We are losing ground even in the products that we make routinely. Let's see if the government does something to protect the domestic industry.

Agree with the sanitation thing, good call that.

One would've liked reference to corruption and inflation in there too.
Detailed roadmap in a 15th August speech would be a bit over the top and no one would follow it on 16th August. Clarion call is actually being smart. he has not promised anything.

Now, My memories of the earlier speeches -
- I vaguely remember MMS saying "Kunoon" (Kanoon in a Punjabi accent). Thats all i remember in his speeches. So cant really compare.
- Indira Gandhi once saying "Culprits of the Moradabad Riots will be punished whoever they are".-
- Rajiv Gandhi was singing the national anthem and asking the crowd to say Jai Hind more loudly.

The only speeches' whose content i remember are follows.

PVN explaining to Junta on what economic reforms are all about. i did like them though not sure if every one understood them.

ABV laying details of his yojanas (like the golden quadrilateral, Kisan Credit cards, etc.) and talking for 5 minutes about Pakistan. There was again detailed, but the Golden Quadrilateral was still in progress at the end of NDA and probably is still some 98% complete!.
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:32 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There wasn't much in the speech, though the expectations were high. It was mostly a "clarion call" to get everyone to work, manufacturing - there was a clarion call but certainly no clear direction/roadmap. With Ganeshotsav coming soon, there will be chinese ganpatis around as have been for last 2-3 years. Then chinese firecrackers for Diwali and chinese kites for sankaranti etc.. That is the ground reality. We are losing ground even in the products that we make routinely. Let's see if the government does something to protect the domestic industry.

Agree with the sanitation thing, good call that.

One would've liked reference to corruption and inflation in there too.
Detailed roadmap in a 15th August speech would be a bit over the top and no one would follow it on 16th August. Clarion call is actually being smart. he has not promised anything.

Now, My memories of the earlier speeches -
- I vaguely remember MMS saying "Kunoon" (Kanoon in a Punjabi accent). Thats all i remember in his speeches. So cant really compare.
- Indira Gandhi once saying "Culprits of the Moradabad Riots will be punished whoever they are".-
- Rajiv Gandhi was singing the national anthem and asking the crowd to say Jai Hind more loudly.

The only speeches' whose content i remember are follows.

PVN explaining to Junta on what economic reforms are all about. i did like them though not sure if every one understood them.

ABV laying details of his yojanas (like the golden quadrilateral, Kisan Credit cards, etc.) and talking for 5 minutes about Pakistan. There was again detailed, but the Golden Quadrilateral was still in progress at the end of NDA and probably is still some 98% complete!.
Old August 20th, 2014, 06:56 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Obviously the "detailed" roadmap is laid down in the budget. Rest of your conclusion is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
P.S. pessimism is a chronic disease.
... as is overoptimism. Optimism tempered with reality check is the need of the hour.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Me and friends used to print and read PM's and President's address to nation.. of course we stopped when MMS used to deliver his nondescript address.

I think they should make it mandatory in schools to listen, read and comment on it or write a report on it..