eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old April 13th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Will Making Gita a Rashtriya Granth may confuse the world ?

I regularly read Devdutt Patnaik's articles,his earlier mythological articles are gems but lateley he is into making money by writing corporate specific articles where he compares some mythological story with a corporate event.

This article is a point of debate so thought of posting it here for some views.

Making Gita a Rashtriya Granth may confuse the world

Published on 9th December, 2014, in www.dailyo.in
In April this year, I simplified the complex Bhagavad Gita written in Sanskrit to reach a larger audience through just 18 tweets. Known to contain the essence of ancient Vedic thoughts, Gita was put down in writing at a time when Buddhism was on the rise advocating the way of the hermit: renunciation of worldly life and striving for oblivion of identity (nirvana) for complete freedom from suffering (dukka). Gita proposed an idea where liberation (moksha) could be obtained by participating in society and fulfilling our ritual and worldly duties.

Although composed some 2000 years ago, there are several aspects of Gita that are relevant to contemporary times. Gita has 700 verses spread over 18 chapters that approach life emotionally (bhakti), intellectually (gyaan) and practically (karma). This is not to say, it is a rule-book such as the Holy Bible. Instead, Gita is a work of philosophy that provides perspective on the nature of life and the world where we lead this life. It presents a view of the world where all our actions have consequences. It describes why we must take responsibility for our actions and reactions without categorising them as right and wrong or good and bad deeds. As a result, Gita helps us strike a balance between our heart and actions. Most people tend to focus on a particular verse or a set of verses based on their interpretations of the verse and current life situations.

Though Gita can be made a “Rashtriya Granth”, it is likely to confuse the world and Indians alike as it is interpreted differently by different people. While Mahatma Gandhi believed Gita provided him the moral basis for non-violence, Bal Gangadhar Tilak believed it provided him with the moral basis for righteous violence. Ambedkar inferred Gita as a text justifying caste oppression. To Aurobindo, Gita captured the essential mystical truth about individuals.

Gita is different from other holy scriptures in many respects. The Bible and Quran speak of a world where we live only one life. Gita on the other hand, views this world as a place where we live many lives. This is the fundamental difference between Gita and other religious texts. Apart from this major ideological difference, The Bible and Quran preach that God is outside human beings, whereas Gita explains why God resides inside every human being. Religious books such as The Bible and Quran propagate “what God wants”. However, according to Bhagavad Gita, God always provides several choices in life. These options presented along the journey of life vary with people depending upon their intellectual and emotional capabilities. For every choice that people choose to exercise, there will be a consequence attached and they must take responsibility for not just their actions but also the consequences that follow.
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:05 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Making Gita a Rashtriya Granth may confuse the world ?

Gita can make Ram and Rahim not to be at peace.
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:44 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
but lately he is into making money by writing corporate specific articles where he compares some mythological story with a corporate event.
And what is wrong with that.
Old April 15th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

This thing reminds me past few incidents,..

When,..

1. Vande matarm, sujalaam sukhalaam,. had been opposed for making it as a Rastriya gaan, as it was carrying few words which were quite posing Hinduism and hence, the Mosl. had some objections,..

2. Also, when I was in school, 9/10/11/12 – standards,. they had a system of school prayers before even the classes start, and few Moslem and other religions students were getting their religious feeling being hurt n’ insulted,. And if I remember correctly, in few schools, there had a ban on making school prayers at teh start of the early day, as it was forcing other religions pupils for the Hindu prayers, unnecessarily.
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:06 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
This thing reminds me past few incidents,..

When,..

1. Vande matarm, sujalaam sukhalaam,. had been opposed for making it as a Rastriya gaan, as it was carrying few words which were quite posing Hinduism and hence, the Mosl. had some objections,..

2. Also, when I was in school, 9/10/11/12 – standards,. they had a system of school prayers before even the classes start, and few Moslem and other religions students were getting their religious feeling being hurt n’ insulted,. And if I remember correctly, in few schools, there had a ban on making school prayers at teh start of the early day, as it was forcing other religions pupils for the Hindu prayers, unnecessarily.
Vande Mataram has been a national song since 1950. In fact even AR Rahman was singing Vande mataram. It is just about 2002 or so that peacful guys started finding it offensive.

I studied in a convent for 3rd and 4th, in a Sikh Trust School in 5th and 6th and 7th to 10th in a Jain school. "Our father Thou art in heaven" was in all the schools. The Sikh and Jain schools had 'Ai Malik tere bande hum' and 'Tum hi ho mata pita tumhi ho'. The Sikh school also had some shabads and one teacher also introduced a Gayatri Mantra. The Jain school had Jain prayer Namo Hari Hantanam (or something similar sounding0 (i did not know it was Jain till i saw 'Adi Sankaracharya')
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:13 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Vande Mataram has been a national song since 1950. In fact even AR Rahman was singing Vande mataram. It is just about 2002 or so that peacful guys started finding it offensive.
I see why peaceful folks have a problem with the lyrics.. hell even the name of the song could be blasphemous.

Vande Mataram .. Mother I bow to thee. They can't bow to anybody but Allah. Then there are comparisons with Durga, Laxmi .. full version (sung in the RSS) goes in a stanza in Bengali .. tomarayi pratima gadi mandire mandire (Your idol is situated in my temple) ..

I studied in a convent school from 7th to 10th.. they had a combination prayer with stanzas of all major religions of India in this order: Christian, Hindu, Islam, Sikh, Buddhism.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; April 16th, 2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what India's national religion is

"If you are unsure of what happened in the past and what is happening in the present then how can you be sure of what will happen tomorrow?" - saneless
Old April 16th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

It'll fuckin confuse most Indians, let alone world.
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I am talking about,.
why it failed to take the place of jana gana maan ( National Anthem ) ,...( it was chosen once, at that time ) 'Coz Mosl. had rejecetd it, for few wordings' reasons.

read first two paras here,..

https://sites.google.com/site/knowal...am-controversy

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 16th, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what does it mean when they make it a Rashtriya granth?
Old April 16th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Exactly what does it mean when they make it a Rashtriya granth?
Just like we have the national flag,the national anthem,the national bird,the national animal the national emblem,we do need to have a national book

Just another topic for Arnab Goswami to argue on
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Just like we have the national flag,the national anthem,the national bird,the national animal the national emblem,we do need to have a national book

Just another topic for Arnab Goswami to argue on
All National data ki chalti firti library - you remind me this li'l cute girlie !

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

)
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
but lateley he is into making money
Again, what is wrong with this.