eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old April 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Question Getting a green card through unscruplous means?

Long time back I have heard and personally known many men who had just for the sake of getting a green card had married an American Woman and then as per the agreement divorced after mission accomplished.This was a fairly standard practice amongst the Indians who couldn't get the green card out of their own merits.Later I heard the American law changed or something to prevent it from being misused.

Mostly Sardars from India use to resort to this practice ( I have no stats for the sardars but most of those Whom I happen to know who have done it so have told me ) .

Now I have heard an analogous phenomena developing in Indian women.Indian women who wanna go to America at any cost have been targeting innocent gullible male NRIs .They marry these NRIs even if the NRI is on an H1 and very patiently wait for him to get a green card , get enrolled in some Uni for some IT course ofcourse with the help and guidance of her caring hubby and once they are on their feet , financially stable enough to support themself , they start showing their real colors.When the hubby can no longer cope up with the demands and complaints , it is at that time that they chose to play their trump card , by creating circumstances which forces the hubby to get a divorce and not not just this , most of them are smart enough to take a legal route and demand a heavy compensation from her poor hubby.

I have heard several such stories on different occasions but do not know how true or authentic they are .

Are such practices prevalent in America .I am asking because recently I heard two such horrible stories , in which one of the poor chap came back to India and commited suicide and the other one is living a life of anonymity in India .

Dont ask me to post the source of these stories as I wont .

If all this is true than what all are the legal or practical options left for the hubby to explore .Isn't there a way out by which he can continue to live in America without paying the heavy compensation for no fault of his .What can this chap do for being taken for the most royal ride of his life by his wife?

Last edited by zyzzva; April 14th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting a green card through unscruplous means?

people who are desperate to get a GC thru such means.. I say good luck.. life is what you make of it.. dont matter if its US or Canada or India.

I had a sardar roomie who went on a project to Cali and met a US born sardaran in a gurudwara.. he mingled with her family and they got married.. he got a GC.

couple punjabi guys I knew married fat ass mexican americans to get GCs.

People with truck driver mentality will never think of anything better.
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
people who are desperate to get a GC thru such means.. I say good luck.. life is what you make of it.. dont matter if its US or Canada or India.

I had a sardar roomie who went on a project to Cali and met a US born sardaran in a gurudwara.. he mingled with her family and they got married.. he got a GC.

couple punjabi guys I knew married fat ass mexican americans to get GCs.

People with truck driver mentality will never think of anything better.
Han toh yeh acha hua. shaadi toh bechare ne karni thi. Phir larki bhi apni caste aur religion ki thi.
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

i knew a guy who got married to a girl born and raised in USA of his caste.He got GC and eventually citizenship too,but he was a puppet.His wife and in laws treated him like shit.He was a hero in his family but when everyone saw how he was treated by his wife and her relatives,everyone lost respect for him.His wife is impossible to deal for his parents too.
Its a very good example of not marrying a girl for money of other such benefits,in the end every rosy picture has its darkside.
Old July 5th, 2015, 08:49 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
i knew a guy who got married to a girl born and raised in USA of his caste.He got GC and eventually citizenship too,but he was a puppet.His wife and in laws treated him like shit.He was a hero in his family but when everyone saw how he was treated by his wife and her relatives,everyone lost respect for him.His wife is impossible to deal for his parents too.
Its a very good example of not marrying a girl for money of other such benefits,in the end every rosy picture has its darkside.
Another story of Awara Pagal Deewana.

PS- It is not my usual business on digging up old threads. I was searching for a thread on Section 377 judgement which i thought was by Zyzzva and ran into this one. That was to put up a response to 'Unfreedom' thread by docji.
Old July 5th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

I know one guy he married US citizen girl with big money working in stock market. Her family need a chauffeur and proper sardaar with turban to show to community. He drive their luxury cars and take care of home, get some pocket money and small job.