eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old December 16th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future
Re: Which do you think is the best religion ,and which is the worst

First get the original transcripts and manuals on which the religions were based on and then it will be worth commenting. Becz the original words were something different and people oops sorry the maulanas the priest and the padri made it different.
@sushila well i don't know you but we all know these so called charitable organzitations use of force and money to lure people to christanity. Trust me if any hindu organization did that i am sure many maulanas, padris will hold hand against it and also the Secular or shall I say minority appealing majority thrashing govt of ours will ban that hindu outfit straightaway.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Junior eCharchan

agmkonleave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
The Face on the Mars.

Bajrang Bali is the first thought which entered my mind.

ni
i thought of Bhagwan Narashinga
Old August 22nd, 2016, 12:28 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

there are memory flashed that i get which make me dig up old threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Inspired by the discussion here-

4)sikhism- manly religion which has been responsible for protecting whatever part of punjab is with us.

sikhs are hardworking people who always work hard for a living and also drink hard.

these tough sardarjis were responsible for driving the muslims back from where they came form ...the khyber pass, in the past.

the afghans still rankle over the loss of peshawar......
Actually Sardarjis are as prohibited from drinking as smoking.
Else, Sardarjis also have a stereotyping problem. i remember once visiting 'Not just Jazz by the bay' and a Sardar Saxophone player attracting a lot of attention. Many might laugh if they see a Sardarji playing chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhasini View Post
Ashdoc, by deriding Christianity you are only bringing a bad name to the teachings of your now religion. No Christian is taught to degrade another religion. If we do charitable work we would like to enlighten the person as to who actually is doing the deed using us as mediums. It is none other than our sweet Jesus. If he feels obliged he follows our religion if not he doesnt. We dont use force.
I doubt if you still access this forum, but a lot of online posters claiming to be Christians do deride Hinduism. Also, whenever i have distributed prasad, some Christians shy away from it. Actually more peaceful guys accept it including one unfriendly neighborhood guy.
In one of my earlier jobs, there was a group of christian drivers who spoke against Hindu rituals. They also used to deride one Brahmin clerk as 'Bhikhari'.
Old July 30th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no best or worst now, everything is so customized now.

its all just a different set of rules, pick which ever u want..and customize as u wish.
Old July 31st, 2017, 07:24 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

Take da Best and leave da Rest,....!

Like, hakla says in one of his movies ( KKHH / DCH ? )
Jo achha luge uuse apna lo,...... Jo boora luge use chhod dau ! "

Each religion has its badies ( in Hindi ), Pros and Cons,..

da key point is,.. Subhag Samanvaya - Yaani ki,... meet at the breaking point / average summation n' Compromise,. ! ...n' then you see,....

Vividhta mein Ekta,..... and..... Ekta mein Vividhta !

[ I thought, I had some good posts on this topic, about what is bad and good in which religion,.. or was that an another thread ? ]

Last edited by log1iszero; July 31st, 2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:02 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
Take da Best and leave da Rest,....!

Like, hakla says in one of his movies ( KKHH / DCH ? )
Jo achha luge uuse apna lo,...... Jo boora luge use chhod dau ! "

Each religion has its badies ( in Hindi ), Pros and Cons,..

da key point is,.. Subhag Samanvaya - Yaani ki,... meet at the breaking point / average summation n' Compromise,. ! ...n' then you see,....

Vividhta mein Ekta,..... and..... Ekta mein Vividhta !

[ I thought, I had some good posts on this topic, about what is bad and good in which religion,.. or was that an another thread ? ]

Kya baat hai, logi! Kya khoob kaha .. wahh bhai wah
Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

कटा इस कदर एक बेजुबान
और खून सारा नाली में बह गया...
पत्थर दिल था कोई जो बहते खून को देखकर भी....
ईद मुबारक कह गया.....

कहीं पानी बहाना भी गुनाह हो जाता है...
कहीं खून भी बहाने पर मुबारकबाद देते है...
जो कत्ल करे गाय और भैंस का उसका मुकम्मल ईमान हो गया..
हिन्दू तो पानी और पटाखों से ही बदनाम हो गया....
यही फर्क है तेरे मजहब और मेरे धर्म में.....
तेरे यहाँ चाँद देख कर कत्ल किये जाते है...
मेरे यहाँ चाँद देख कर लम्बी उम्र की कामना की जाती है...

Old September 3rd, 2017, 10:58 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^ your illustrious doc buddy would disagree with you opinion regarding 'most scientific religion'. I agree with you though.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Banned

How one religion can blindly follow the unpleasants and obvious wrong thingies that part I still do not understand,….. and few and some particular have just bunch of utter non-sense,….. how they , themselves even agree with those, that's the biggest question,….!

For example, in our Hindu religion too, it’s said somewhere that on Diwali, / Laxmi-poojan time,… kill Owls ( just like they kill goats ) but still we never do that,..... and even 99.999 % Hindu themselves would even say,… just don’t do that, it's rubbish, garbage and does not make sense,..... let say even Lord Krishna had said for some reason of Laxmi / van Garud,.. still freaking don’t do that, and no one does that,…… No matter it was in Vedas or Upnishad,….. Bhagvad Gita or Ramayan,......Rama even had Bali during ashwamedh yagna,… ( that was put 'stay' by Luv-Kush ) and still we don’t slaughter Horses on either Ranm Navami or Diwali,……. Point is, wrong is wrong and no matter evan a God had said, it or not !

On social media, I am watching loads and boat-loads of cruel and utter ruth-less blood-bath photos,….. blooded-flooded with red concrete blood,...and live video slaughters in tons,... is totaally unbelievable,... rather say unbearable ! Someone should stop it,….. enuff is enuff. Period.

Allah ne bęte ki kurbaani maangi,.. toh cheat se bakari / meman ka bachha rakh diya,... aur, tab se chali aati hai,........ ! What a fraud, cheat, deceit and back-stabbing !

Hari-Hari ! Sab ko sanmati de bhagwant,..... iishwar allah, Tero naam !

https://www.facebook.com/ravikanttiw...04452739754904

Smthg funny, here.....

ॐ..
अरे अब्दुल तने अल्ला पर भरोसा नायका
बेटे की जगह काटे क्यों बकरी तू बोल बोल
अल्ला की बात पर तेरी नियत गई डोल डोल
तो क्यों कहता है मैं बड़ा कट्टर हूं बोल बोल
चुस्लाम में कितना चूतियापा और झोल झोल
अब्दुल तने अल्ला पर भरोसा नायका
#पिस्लाम के नाम पर तेरी नियत जाए डोल डोल
अपनी खाला को क्यों तू बीवी समझे बोल बोल
हज के अपने बाबा को पत्थर क्यों मारे बोल बोल
ई चुतियापा आमिरवा का काहे ना दिखता बोल बोल
अरे अब्दुल तने अपने बाप का भी पता नायका अरे बोल बोल.....

Last edited by log1iszero; September 3rd, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old September 5th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How one religion can blindly follow the unpleasants and obvious wrong thingies that part I still do not understand,….. and few and some particular have just bunch of utter non-sense,….. how they , themselves even agree with those, that's the biggest question,….!

For example, in our Hindu religion too, it’s said somewhere that on Diwali, / Laxmi-poojan time,… kill Owls ( just like they kill goats ) but still we never do that,..... and even 99.999 % Hindu themselves would even say,… just don’t do that, it's rubbish, garbage and does not make sense,..... let say even Lord Krishna had said for some reason of Laxmi / van Garud,.. still freaking don’t do that, and no one does that,…… No matter it was in Vedas or Upnishad,….. Bhagvad Gita or Ramayan,......Rama even had Bali during ashwamedh yagna,… ( that was put 'stay' by Luv-Kush ) and still we don’t slaughter Horses on either Ranm Navami or Diwali,……. Point is, wrong is wrong and no matter evan a God had said, it or not !

Should have stopped after the first two paras. Excellent post and thoughts here. I am surprised. That's why they say, keechad mein bhi kamal khilte hai

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 5th, 2017, 12:22 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Most of what Krishna said and most of Mahabharat is symbolic. It doesn't mean what it says literally. We can only understand what their our mental state is.. Mahabharat is in our head. Kauravas are let's say your bad qualities and Pandavas are good qualities.. there is forever a mahabharat going on in each person's mind. When Krishna says to do duty he means not killing your opponent, but winning the war inside your head. I'm no guru to explain very well but as far as I know most of Hinduism revolves around symbolism.
Old September 6th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Most of what Krishna said and most of Mahabharat is symbolic. It doesn't mean what it says literally. We can only understand what their our mental state is.. Mahabharat is in our head. Kauravas are let's say your bad qualities and Pandavas are good qualities.. there is forever a mahabharat going on in each person's mind. When Krishna says to do duty he means not killing your opponent, but winning the war inside your head. I'm no guru to explain very well but as far as I know most of Hinduism revolves around symbolism.
That argument can be applied to every religion... but I am pretty sure that's not how it works. You have to first state whether the Mahabharat is mythological or not. If it was real then a war did happen... and Krishna did imply that Arjuna participate in the war and defeat his kith and kin. If it was not real but a story... then it is up to the author to clarify whether he meant it to be symbolical or not. Has Vyasa ever given an interview and discussed the symbology hidden in his story book As they say, you cannot eat the cake and have it too.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 6th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Banned

All the epics are BS ( an imaginary story,... with a view of giving good lessons to the human-beings just like that Prem-chand's katha of Hamid Chimta and such,.. ) and 95% exaggeration with crap and crop of the fertile brain of either Valmiki / Tulsidas or Ved vyass ( no different than Yash Chopra writing the current filmy stories ) ! Original Chopayis were very limited in numbers,... and later the BS kept on adding with all mirch0masaalas,.... flying chariots and arrows of Fire and rain,.. and to the B R Choprass dialect baazi and what not !

Whatever is described that during war so and so many elephants, horses and chariots were standing,.. yada yada,...... while looking at Kurukshetra, there is not even that vast field there, to carry all those,... !

Even if let say 5 % might had happened,.... there is loads and boat-loads of exaggeration and all spices added of all flavors later slowly and surely by all,... ! No religions is exempted,..... it's all BS level of exaggeration added, to make a superb filmy story,..... ! If Valmiki had any cue or clue of guns, machine-guns and videshi sharaab,.. then I am sure, that part must also have added,... and if he had any cue of aliens,.. the story would b even more intersecting and could had beaten all star-wars series,.. ! I bet !

After writing that much loads of ( crop of fertile brain from Ved Vyaas ) imagination, it's but natural that Ganesh ji were all perspiration and tired and heated like an oven,... and hence,..... thx to the Ganesh-visarjan,..... it must be needed, before he fires like a fire-ball .

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:12 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
That argument can be applied to every religion... but I am pretty sure that's not how it works. You have to first state whether the Mahabharat is mythological or not. If it was real then a war did happen... and Krishna did imply that Arjuna participate in the war and defeat his kith and kin. If it was not real but a story... then it is up to the author to clarify whether he meant it to be symbolical or not. Has Vyasa ever given an interview and discussed the symbology hidden in his story book As they say, you cannot eat the cake and have it too.
Vyas wrote what he saw and being in an elevated state .. he could link physical or real happenings around Gita updesh linking it with the war of emotions (sattvik and tamasik tendencies) inside the mind. Kurukshetra exists everywhere.

Example - Bhishma was to be protected by all kauravas .. Bhishma is symbolic of भ्रम to be protected all the negative प्रवित्ति

Vyas wrote at his level, we can only read and understand acc to our level. Few people who attained that state can get the real meaning, rest of us live mechanical lives and never reach beyond periphery. Every time you read Geeta or other Vedas, if you meditate, you might understand more.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; September 6th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
All the epics are BS ( an imaginary story,... with a view of giving good lessons to the human-beings just like that Prem-chand's katha of Hamid Chimta and such,.. ) and 95% exaggeration with crap and crop of the fertile brain of either Valmiki / Tulsidas or Ved vyass ( no different than Yash Chopra writing the current filmy stories ) ! Original Chopayis were very limited in numbers,... and later the BS kept on adding with all mirch0masaalas,.... flying chariots and arrows of Fire and rain,.. and to the B R Choprass dialect baazi and what not !

Whatever is described that during war so and so many elephants, horses and chariots were standing,.. yada yada,...... while looking at Kurukshetra, there is not even that vast field there, to carry all those,... !

Even if let say 5 % might had happened,.... there is loads and boat-loads of exaggeration and all spices added of all flavors later slowly and surely by all,... ! No religions is exempted,..... it's all BS level of exaggeration added, to make a superb filmy story,..... ! If Valmiki had any cue or clue o:
Those who claim to know a lot know hardly anything .. even Arjuna thought he knew it all. It doesn't matter if it was real or not. Do you have proof of your great great great grandparents? Yet you are here and so too they have to have been here.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; September 6th, 2017 at 05:16 PM.