eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > International Politics

Notices

International Politics Hey aren't we all experts at world politics?

Old September 30th, 2016, 08:08 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the deal with Snowden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
precisely why whistleblower laws and policies are around. where something wrong or illegal is happening, a whistleblower brings it out in the world even if it contradicts Non-disclosure agreements they have signed.
whistleblower laws come into picture if government/agency/company is doing anything wrong. In this case it's a strategy to do those spying activities. Even the courts will not acknowledge the agencies did anything wrong.
Old September 30th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
whistleblower laws come into picture if government/agency/company is doing anything wrong. In this case it's a strategy to do those spying activities. Even the courts will not acknowledge the agencies did anything wrong.
By the way, he isnt convicted yet is he? For that he has to be in US.
Clinton says he should be tried. Trump says he will get his little friend Putin to hand him over and Snowden will be shot.

It would be interesting to see what happens after the elections.
Old September 30th, 2016, 08:38 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
By the way, he isnt convicted yet is he? For that he has to be in US.
Clinton says he should be tried. Trump says he will get his little friend Putin to hand him over and Snowden will be shot.

It would be interesting to see what happens after the elections.
He is evading the law and should be brought to justice.
Old September 30th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So its not OK for him to expose any (wrong) doings of the government to the journalist (note: he didnt sell the info).

I dont know. I have conflicting thoughts on this.
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AND he has not sold the information to the enemies.
yeah, I should have said - bring out in the world in order to stop the illegalities and/or prosecute the people/organisations doing it....

so, snowden has not sold the information to enemies or atleast did not when he leaked it. the people he leaked it to went on top of the highest hill and banged their drums - which is probably what was required given the whistle blowing was against the US government. in the process though even the enemies of US got hold of the information. not to mention he is currently living in Russia (probably because of circumstances beyond his control).
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah, thats a problem for Snowden.

if the govt/agency/company was doing nothing wrong why did they have to come in front of the parliament in UK or congressional committees in US to explain and probably change their tactics? You are not suggesting tapping Angela Merkels phone at governmental approval was valid/legal/right - to name one instance? This is not an enemy state is it - even Obama apologised to Merkel for it - probably couched in diplomatic protocal.
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
correct. there should also be assurance that he will not be prosecuted heavy-handedly, charges should be commensurate with the crime.

there is the nub - what is the crime? is it simply whistleblowing or is it treason?
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
if the govt/agency/company was doing nothing wrong why did they have to come in front of the parliament in UK or congressional committees in US to explain and probably change their tactics? You are not suggesting tapping Angela Merkels phone at governmental approval was valid/legal/right - to name one instance? This is not an enemy state is it - even Obama apologised to Merkel for it - probably couched in diplomatic protocal.
I think it was right for America but sounds wrong if it is exposed.

A bit like I trash talk about somebody behind their back.. all good.. but if that person is shown that video of me, then I'm exposed I have to apologize, say I was angry with you, or it's taken out of context or somebody has tampered with original footage.
Old October 1st, 2016, 07:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're expected to read the headlines and know a bit about it. Especially if you are educated and modern.
Her news source seems to be EC like for Sena Lassi Pai. And away from EC put her in a news coma

Quote:
More than the Government, I'm scared about private companies using all the information about us and profiling based on our internet and digital footprint.

For example: Gmail prompts me with 3-4 suggestions of what to reply to an email.

Say, you email me do you want to come over for dinner tonight? Gmail would prompt me to reply with "Sure, see you then" or "Alright!" or "What time?".

So it has read and understands what was written in my emails. Now the question is .. who all are they sharing this with? Are they deriving any inferences from it?
The android device tells me that i have reservation starting today,or that i have a flight to catch by checking on my gmail. i actually do like that a bit. i am not the freak for privacy* like many on this side of the world. It is still not perfect though, like it was telling me that my payment is due for something, though i made the payment. It still thinks that my old coordinate is my home. i tried to order 'OK google, set my hometown to new coordinates, and it was not doing that automatically. it took me to settings.

* though still not open enough to reveal new coordinates now in an open forum
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

I was reading this news. Correct me if I am wrong but Trump says below:

He said that Clinton's "only experience in cybersecurity" was her "criminal" attempt to keep her emails hidden. The FBI director chastised Clinton for use of the server but did not recommend prosecution.

Source: see 10:40 timeline
http://elections.ap.org/content/late...ld-trump-taxes

Now its not OK for Clinton to keep her emails hidden according to him but he also wants Snowden to be prosecuted for treason based on the grounds that he DID leak private information.
So, its not OK to keep the emails hidden and its not ok to leak them.
Old October 4th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Snowden was not "down" with WikiLeaks releasing DNC emails and Audio files from the DNC servers in July .. He objected to WikiLeaks not "Curating" the information..

WikiLeaks struck back saying that it seems Snowden is desperate for a presidential pardon!

Whistleblower vs. Whistleblower

http://fortune.com/2016/07/29/snowde...leaks-clinton/
Old October 5th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Seems Snowden was not "down" with WikiLeaks releasing DNC emails and Audio files from the DNC servers in July .. He objected to WikiLeaks not "Curating" the information..

WikiLeaks struck back saying that it seems Snowden is desperate for a presidential pardon!

Whistleblower vs. Whistleblower

http://fortune.com/2016/07/29/snowde...leaks-clinton/
whats curating? Moderating the information after its leaked?
Old October 5th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
whats curating? Moderating the information after its leaked?
Moderating the information before it is leaked.. for example a lot of email addresses and contact details of DNC operatives were also leaked which wasn't necessary as per Snowden....