eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old November 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Quantum of Solace - save your money, its not a Bond film

Save your money as this latest installment of Bond is more of a regular action film and not a Bond film. More details later...
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Quantum of Solace - save your money, its not a Bond film

What do you expect of a James Bond film?

This is what I expect and am sure most Bond fans expect -
1) Opening sequence with a fantastic action sequence.
2) Typical Bond music which announces his arrival or beginning of a deadly action scene.
3) Beautiful Bond girl who ends up in a steamy sexy scene with Bond
4) Typical Bond humour by way of stupid sounding but anything goes with Bond kind of one liners
5) Futuristic gadgets and modifications to the Bond car which allow Bond to do anything to overcome villains.
6) The main villain has a fantastic diabolical plan to destroy the world and an elaborate setup for it. Offcourse Bond destroys it all
7) The finale is grand and in the last scene Bond is always in a sexual position with the hot Bond girl.

Now this formula has worked for ages because thats what Bond is - stylish, sexy, flamboyant, funny and very ruthless when taking out villains. Bond has a certain style and the way he does things is not what other action heroes like Rambo and Terminator or Transporter do.

Now what does this latest episode offer
1) Great opening car chase scene. BUT NO TRADEMARK BOND music. A big disappointment.
2) Both girls in this movie are ordinary and banal. Nothing sexy about them. The last Bond girl who looked sexy and hot was Halle Berry. After that its been downhill for Bond girls.
3) No big plot by some diabolical villain out to take over the world. Instead we get a corporate businessman type who wants to take over the public utilities water supply contract of the nation of Bolivia. The diabolical element - he plans to bribe the chief of police and army to let a deposed Bolivian dictator take over Bolivia!
4)Sorely missing are the gadgets and the tricked out car for Bond. Very disappointing.
5)Is Bond flamboyant, tongue-in-cheek with his glib one liners? No. Bond is more like Jason Stratham of Transporter plus Matt Damon of Jason Bourne Identity. The originality of Bond is lost.
6)In a sure desperate bid to get a PG-13 rating, the director has cut out any hot scenes of Bond and the Bond girl. But looking at the way the Bond girl is shown in the movie, I think it was a huge favour for the audience. Who wants to see some small tits, unsexy girl cuddle up with Bond?
7) Bond never goes around showing his body as eye candy for the ladies or the gays in typical Bond films. Here, Bond takes a leaf or two from Salman Khan and moves around shirtless many times. I never saw Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan go around romping like Salman Khan.

Forget it folks, it was a huge disappointment for me. No Bond music, No Bond gadgets, No Bond girls worth looking at, No fantastic villain and his diabolical plot and machinations, No huge set being blown up, No Bond at all.
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

my love for bond movies dragged me to watch this shit as well couple of days back.
bond ....lookswise he is
movie is plain action ...nothing like regular bond
no great cars,no fantastic devices.
bond girls are generally good...but i did not find any good looking girl in this movie.
better to watch old sean connery, roger moore bond DVDs
dont ask me story...it's plain bull crap. stoyline...not worth making movie.

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quantum of Solace - save your money, its not a Bond film

They are reviving the Bond Franchise for next generation who must be 15 years by now. The opening action,music,gadgets,cars and girls will come slowly and slowly .Original Sean Conery movies were equally bland.

BTW I am a big fan of all Bond movies and my favourite has been Pierce Brosnan followed by Roger Moore.

Although many won't like it,my favourite is "Die Another Day"
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Red face Re: Quantum of Solace - save your money, its not a Bond film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
They are reviving the Bond Franchise for next generation who must be 15 years by now. The opening action,music,gadgets,cars and girls will come slowly and slowly .Original Sean Conery movies were equally bland.

BTW I am a big fan of all Bond movies and my favourite has been Pierce Brosnan followed by Roger Moore.

Although many won't like it,my favourite is "Die Another Day"
The franchise might be trying to appeal to the younger audience of today which is fed on graphic violence of video games Not that I did not play video games, but I was not so young as kids today who play first person shoot 'em up games.

However, this departure from the usual Bond format will harm the franchise more in the long run. I remember that in one Timothy Dalton starring Bond film, they did not use the trademark Bond music and the movie did not do as well as expected of Bond films. Google for the box office results site which has records of how much a film makes.

Nah... Bond as I knew it has ended. Its like that episode of South Park where Kyle gets a dream non stop about how Indian Jones was raped by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. The latest episode of Indiana Jones was the most pathetic version ever.
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Yup no cool cars,no funky gadgets...actress is below par. So watch it for action movie and not a bond movie. This might be the only bond movie which i got bored of. I do not like this new guy at all, he looks average and has no elegance in him according to me.
Spare your money and watch it online

Old November 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

I think this is personally the best bond movie made in a long time. Action scenes are amazing and it's totally fast paced. This guy Daniel Craig is kickass full macho. The action is along the linjes of MI and Bourne series. I hope this bond guy keeps up the good work. I have no problem, pura paisa vasool. Shame on all the past bond fukks who couldnt match up to this guy. I think the only other Bond that I liked was Sean Connery.
Old November 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
I think this is personally the best bond movie made in a long time. Action scenes are amazing and it's totally fast paced. This guy Daniel Craig is kickass full macho. The action is along the linjes of MI and Bourne series. I hope this bond guy keeps up the good work. I have no problem, pura paisa vasool. Shame on all the past bond fukks who couldnt match up to this guy. I think the only other Bond that I liked was Sean Connery.
third class movie tha dude. I slept through parts of it. As echarcha pai said, it felt more like a jason Stratton movie. Stupid dumb action. No gadgets...no bond music and it just didn't feel like a Bond movie.
The previous Bond movie was awesome. This one was a disappointment. Even the Brosnan Bond movies were better than this one.
Old November 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by compukid View Post
third class movie tha dude. I slept through parts of it. As echarcha pai said, it felt more like a jason Stratton movie. Stupid dumb action. No gadgets...no bond music and it just didn't feel like a Bond movie.
The previous Bond movie was awesome. This one was a disappointment. Even the Brosnan Bond movies were better than this one.
gya bhau, I think you did not read what I wrote about what one expects from a Bond film. There are many action hero characters like Jason Stratham in Transporter, Sylvester Stallone in Rambo, Arnold in Terminator, Matt Damon in Bourne Identity, Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, Keanu Reeves in Matrix, etc.

But you dont quite get it. Bond is like that super special super human hero who has fancy gadgets, tricked out cars with surprising gadgets and tricks, hot and delicious girls, smart and fashionable attire, tongue-in-cheek humour and one liners, fantastic almost super human villainy and diabolic plans.

Its like a Amitabh movie where Amitabh is allowed to kick 25 bad guys all alone and sing and dance. Most of it, if you compare to a real action film, is not so real and not so great, but then its a Amitabh movie. Similarly with Rajnikanth movies. You know its all bullcrap but its fun to see Rajnikanth demolish bad guys using all kinds of stunts.

Same is the feeling with James Bond. He is what any red blooded male wants to be - in great cars, with hot babes in bed, super weapons and heroic adventures to destroy the bad guys!

Its this fantasy which one wants with James Bond. I have never written so passionately about Bond because all movies till now satisfied the Bond formula. But this movie was very very disappointing. If I wanted to see non stop action with hardly any plot then Jason Stratham is perfect.

Naah sir, you dont know what Bond is. But you are free to enjoy this new one. Even the line - "I am Bond, James Bond" is not said once in this pathetic episode! And the 'tada tadaa taaaa taaaa' music is a must for any Bond action scene! Its missing too!! For me, its not Bond - just a well executed non-stop action movie where James Bond is used just to draw in the faithful.
Old November 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
seems like you havent seen any of the past bond movies! this movie is not a bond movie! it was total crap! yes, it had action but it didnt have bond in it! it had jason bourne! MGM needs to relook at previous bond movies before they make the next one! as chapai said, it doesnt have any of the bond movie trademarks! and whats with the camera? seems like most of the action scenes were taken with a handycam! it was shaking too much!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
eCharchan

natkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of light

Surprise.... still it manage to make more money on opening in US then any other old bond movie....
Old November 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Post Re: Quantum of Solace - save your money, its not a Bond film

Quote:
Originally Posted by natkhat View Post
Surprise.... still it manage to make more money on opening in US then any other old bond movie....
It will make money. Its abond film so fans of bond will flock cinemas, its got Bourne like action so action loving audience will go see it. And there are no other good rleases right now so this film stands out. Very good marketing strategy indeed.
Old November 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Crap Crap Left the movie mid-way ( Of course got the refund )
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM
eCharchan

natkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
It will make money. Its abond film so fans of bond will flock cinemas, its got Bourne like action so action loving audience will go see it. And there are no other good rleases right now so this film stands out. Very good marketing strategy indeed.
I do agree with this, marketing can sell anything.
Old December 24th, 2016, 09:41 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
What do you expect of a James Bond film?

This is what I expect and am sure most Bond fans expect -
1) Opening sequence with a fantastic action sequence.
2) Typical Bond music which announces his arrival or beginning of a deadly action scene.
3) Beautiful Bond girl who ends up in a steamy sexy scene with Bond
4) Typical Bond humour by way of stupid sounding but anything goes with Bond kind of one liners
5) Futuristic gadgets and modifications to the Bond car which allow Bond to do anything to overcome villains.
6) The main villain has a fantastic diabolical plan to destroy the world and an elaborate setup for it. Offcourse Bond destroys it all
7) The finale is grand and in the last scene Bond is always in a sexual position with the hot Bond girl.

Now this formula has worked for ages because thats what Bond is - stylish, sexy, flamboyant, funny and very ruthless when taking out villains. Bond has a certain style and the way he does things is not what other action heroes like Rambo and Terminator or Transporter do.

Now what does this latest episode offer
1) Great opening car chase scene. BUT NO TRADEMARK BOND music. A big disappointment.
2) Both girls in this movie are ordinary and banal. Nothing sexy about them. The last Bond girl who looked sexy and hot was Halle Berry. After that its been downhill for Bond girls.
3) No big plot by some diabolical villain out to take over the world. Instead we get a corporate businessman type who wants to take over the public utilities water supply contract of the nation of Bolivia. The diabolical element - he plans to bribe the chief of police and army to let a deposed Bolivian dictator take over Bolivia!
4)Sorely missing are the gadgets and the tricked out car for Bond. Very disappointing.
5)Is Bond flamboyant, tongue-in-cheek with his glib one liners? No. Bond is more like Jason Stratham of Transporter plus Matt Damon of Jason Bourne Identity. The originality of Bond is lost.
6)In a sure desperate bid to get a PG-13 rating, the director has cut out any hot scenes of Bond and the Bond girl. But looking at the way the Bond girl is shown in the movie, I think it was a huge favour for the audience. Who wants to see some small tits, unsexy girl cuddle up with Bond?
7) Bond never goes around showing his body as eye candy for the ladies or the gays in typical Bond films. Here, Bond takes a leaf or two from Salman Khan and moves around shirtless many times. I never saw Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan go around romping like Salman Khan.

Forget it folks, it was a huge disappointment for me. No Bond music, No Bond gadgets, No Bond girls worth looking at, No fantastic villain and his diabolical plot and machinations, No huge set being blown up, No Bond at all.
I saw this in hall long back and could not make out anything. i thought perhaps because it was becausei had missed casino royale. Now even after seeing that and now seing this i was thinking 'have i missed something' Now after reading your review, i realize i havent and that this Greene was only into getting a water contract.