eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old June 11th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Details of ur music system

Quote:
Originally posted by clik
I have Sony RV-7 , It is 4700 W and rest all same as RV- 8 model .

It is fitted with Sony Wega 29" TV ..... a good combination .

Apart from this , another set Thomson Portable VMP-800 is there , which has MP3 player , single ACD/VCD player and Audio cassette player with AM / FM radio ..... an economic but good set .
No the main difference between RV-7 and RV-8 is subwoofer + internal amplifier.

This creates lots of difference especially with dhick-chak-dhik-chak music
Old June 11th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ShivSainik
The system I bought is available in Malaysia, Singapore and in Japan ( not so sure ). So I can conclude that it is not designed/mfg by Sony India.

The max they can do is assembling and giving service.

Is there any device in market (of course not expensive) to which I can connect/disconnect speakers easily. The problem I have is sometimes I can't hear music because either TV is on or somebody is visiting us. So what I can do is plug my rooms speaker(I have some old speakers) and unplug main speakers and listen to music. In normal case I can go ahead with normal sony speakers.

Diplomat ?
you need a A-B switch, something like the Niles shown below

Details of the Switch

Excerpt:
Here's the scenario: You've already wired your house with remote speakers in different rooms, all being driven by your main receiver. There's a TV in your bedroom, and you'd like to use its speaker outputs to play the audio through the main system speakers you've already wired in your bedroom. You could always run speaker wires from your TV to the speakers, but that would mean switching speaker wires every time you want to listen to the TV instead of the main source.

The ABS-1 solves that wiring dilemma. You connect both the main system speaker wires and the secondary source speaker wires to it, wire it to your speaker's inputs, and anytime you turn on the secondary source component the ABS-1 senses the current and automatically interrupts the main signal to let your secondary signal through to your speakers. The speakers in the rest of the house are unaffected, so your main system continues to play elsewhere.

Now, back to our scenario: Install the ABS-1, and when you want to listen to the TV audio through your bedroom speakers, just turn on the TV and the ABS-1 does the rest!

Key Features:
Speaker level inputs and outputs
Requires unswitched AC power
Sensitivity and delay controls
Dimensions: 6-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D

Old June 11th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot

You seems to have lot of knowledge in this, how come ?
Old June 11th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Merey ko to boltay huye bhi sharam aa rahi hai
Old June 11th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Zen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by baapji
eik baat bataaao mere ko

jo log GC hain idhar ya citizen hain unka to samajh main aata hai

H1 pe rah ke jo kuchh maine liya hai log ussi ko dagerous investment bolte hain baaki sab le daala aur GC se pahle layoff kar diya to sab taam jhaaam leke canada nikalna padega

That's why I listen it on my $15 pc speakers! Played on musicmatch pro 7 with DFX plug!

World is soo full of pseudo nerdies and wanna be-ez!!

I know a lot of programmers who Have 5-6 PCs networked at home... why? Even they don't know! What is the explaination behind all these boxes and wires? I have perfect ears for music and I bet... blindfolded even the maker of the system cannot guess the difference in the sound quality for configuration of the system and cannot justify the pricing if I put together a much cheaper/different configuration!!

juss buy BOSE baby and have fun! as far as those racks of boxes are concerned - You just assemble them together you did not make them ground up - so what's the fun! Get a better meaningful hobby!!

Videsee's system makes sense - priecy but a living room setup!

There was a time when assembling a PC ground up was fun ... now the branded once and even laptops are perfect replacement for a desktop and that too in affordable price! Why assemble if you don't want blazing Xion arrays!

I believe same goes for the home theater systems. Why do you want a rack filled with boxes and monster size speakers for good music? Just to show off that you read 3 books on how to make them work together?

www.bose.com ... try to beat this!

Last edited by Zen; June 11th, 2003 at 08:44 AM.
Old June 11th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
eik baat bataaao mere ko

jo log GC hain idhar ya citizen hain unka to samajh main aata hai

H1 pe rah ke jo kuchh maine liya hai log ussi ko dagerous investment bolte hain baaki sab le daala aur GC se pahle layoff kar diya to sab taam jhaaam leke canada nikalna padega

Bhaya.. I understand that one needs a good music system to enjoy music but then there are priorities. I mean, even if I come into good amount of money, I would most likely want to invest it in buying a house first. Then slowly fill it up with goodies like home theater,etc.

At the most in today's condition I might buy a cheap RCA or some Korean home theater system which we get here at WalMart for under 99 dollars. But that too is an expense I feel is not warranted. Atleast I am happy with the sound myt TV gives and the simple tape+CD+radio player I have.
Old June 11th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Zen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
Bhaya.. I understand that one needs a good music system to enjoy music but then there are priorities. I mean, even if I come into good amount of money, I would most likely want to invest it in buying a house first. Then slowly fill it up with goodies like home theater,etc.

At the most in today's condition I might buy a cheap RCA or some Korean home theater system which we get here at WalMart for under 99 dollars. But that too is an expense I feel is not warranted. Atleast I am happy with the sound myt TV gives and the simple tape+CD+radio player I have.
mennu pataa see ... saadaa ghaati badaa samajhdaar hai!! ,... way to go dude!
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Diplomat
Golden rule. Timbre matching.

You have to have the front and center channel speakers of the same type/timbre to get good sound movement/transition from left-middle-right or vice versa.

So better if you change all 3 or buy 2 that matches the center channel.
thanks, diplu. I was thinking of buying the same kind of speakers that I need to replace.

thanks again.

SG
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Ravi

Is it possible for you to ask them how they compare the qualities of both of them?
I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravi
SG,

True, but many folks I know have moved totally software controlled entertainment.

You are right... just to talked to friend this weekend who is thinking of doing that.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Senior Echarchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen
World is soo full of pseudo nerdies and wanna be-ez!!
I believe same goes for the home theater systems. Why do you want a rack filled with boxes and monster size speakers for good music? Just to show off that you read 3 books on how to make them work together?

You are right to an extent, Zen pai. Many people do it just to show off and I do not blame them wholly...but you have to look at the other side of the coin too.

There are many of us who rarely go the theatre to watch movies due to several reasons. To us to have a home theatre makes a lot is sense. And frankly you do not need to read 3 books to have a decent home theatre nor you need big speakers.

Good things come in small packages, y'know
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
There is a difference between users of music systems

I know a friend who is very passionate about his music and when he was in India he would buy different components, sometimes solder the transistors etc and build his own amplifiers etc. He had a passion for music and building music systems for his own enjoyment.

Then I have seen some folks here who will most likely never listen to any music as such but will always boast that they have this and that and their music system is the best in the world, etc. etc.

Same I have seen about a 3-4 years ago when times were good. One guy went and installed a 8 or 12 speaker system in his car. The other guy not to be outdone went and had some latest system with 16 speakers or so with 6 CD changer and so on and so forth. I never counted any of the speakers other than the ones which were like up front. Maybe my ear is not trained, but I did not find any difference. Both must have spent 3 to 4 thousand dollars. What did they like to listen to? Hindi music on T-Series cassettes. No I am not belittling Hindi music. What I am saying is that if you will use T-Series cassettes ultimately, then why spend so much and have so many speakers. Will Anu Malik sound original like Beethoven or will Asha Bhosle sound less sweeter?
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
You are right to an extent, Zen pai. Many people do it just to show off and I do not blame them wholly...but you have to look at the other side of the coin too.

There are many of us who rarely go the theatre to watch movies due to several reasons. To us to have a home theatre makes a lot is sense. And frankly you do not need to read 3 books to have a decent home theatre nor you need big speakers.

Good things come in small packages, y'know
LLKC waali bhenji,
paayelaagan,

If you try to read my post again and a little slowly this time - you'll notice that I am not against Home theater systems ... I am against those big boxes to create one!

aapka is saal LLKC me promosan pakka dikkhey...hum nadaan bachchan ka dhyaan rakhjo...bhenji ...achchha ho!!

aapkaa darra hua non-moderator humble H1 holder EC member,
Zen

Last edited by Zen; June 11th, 2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Zen
www.bose.com ... try to beat this!
main te biggie gaye see bose prah de showroom wich

uthe speakers taan vadde change ne but prices taan gaandphhad ne

test drive laike duji movie vekh ke karoN aake TV te XXX movie vekhi te syapa mukaya

SABKO HAI PATAAAAAA............
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Merey ko to boltay huye bhi sharam aa rahi hai
Bose ke showroom ( natick ) wala experience describe kar

price $1500 tak hota to bhi chalta tha par $ 3500
SABKO HAI PATAAAAAA............
Old June 11th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
main te biggie gaye see bose prah de showroom wich

uthe speakers taan vadde change ne but prices taan gaandphhad ne

test drive laike duji movie vekh ke karoN aake TV te XXX movie vekhi te syapa mukaya

Main vee babbey di sau.N chukki hai ... lewaangaa te Bose naee taan $15 waale sun-sun ke jinngi mukaa chhaddaNgaa!