eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old November 15th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

aby_baby is on a distinguished road
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking
Our resident Sambar slurping baby has mentioned that Banglaore had HAL and other PSU's so it had an added advantage. The guy seems to forget (or hide) the fact that Nashik not only has HAL and the Currency press but also three huge industrial estates of Sinnar,Satpur and Ambad. This in itself is a big advantage.
Is your IQ so low that you dont understand the difference between one manufacturing plant of HAL and having an entire R&D ecosystem consiting of more than half a dozen defence establishments.

There is a huge difference between assembling aircraft on license and doing R&D. HAL is not the only guys who have their center in Bangalore. There are other institutions like BEL, DRDO, NAL, GTRC, LRDE etc.

When TI started its center in Indian in mid 80s half the employees came from these PSUs

Quote:
I personally know that there are a lot of IT managers already handling EDP depts of thse big companies. Nashik has attracted all types of industries SSI,MSI and large scale. So it wont be a dream if I thought that it can also attract IT!
Oh yeah and how similar is handling EDP dept. of a manufacturing firm and handling clients of IT firms sitting abroad. All the investments you have mentioned are primarily in Manufacturing. That Pune Nashik belt is a great place if I want to set up a manufacturing plant. But IT, not that easy.
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:09 PM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough

viking is too jingoistic, its useless arguing with him

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:11 PM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Your IQ level is so low that it seems to be pointless talking to you. The vaccume due to low IQ seems to be filled up with your southern parochial instincts.

When I said that companies would move to Maharashtra I did not mean (just to clear your rural mindset) that these IT companies would load their servers and other hardware into bullock carts and move them to Maharashtra from Bangalore in caravans today itself!

What I said was, that the idea that Bangalore is not good enough has sunk in. Wipro is investing in the north and even in the North east! The so called facade of indispensibility that Bangalore was enjoying is fast fading.

Yes, it will take time, however slowly but surely things are moving to other cities. Gurgaon,Mohali,Pune and even Calcutta are attracting attention. If the Maharashtra govt makes the right moves(I'm assuming it is due to this article) it would be a lot easier to attract investment in the IT sector. It takes just 3 -4 hours from Nashik to reach Mumbai. If an express highway was to be built it would take only about 2.5-3 hours at an avarage to reach Mumbai from Nashik. H1,B1 interviews in the Mumbai consulate are eaiser than having to travel to Madras all the way from Bangalore. I dont think that any self respecting person could migrate to Madras. It just not compatible. The language problem in Madras is too much to handle, especially for North Indians. Bangalore too is under attack from the dravidian dacoits (Vedike guys). Maharashtra has industrial powerhouses of Mumbai,Pune and Nashik. It has many industrial cities like Aurangabad etc too. The people are less hostile to outsiders and hence all can settle.

It's not a crime to dream but it is a crime to steal someone's dream..so I will not deprive you of your title of Mungeri Lal. Dream on while you chew on your Idlis and slurrpp on Rasam and lick your forehands clean of the spilling Sambar!
BTW what happened to your "maharashtra is only for marathies crap"

Old November 15th, 2005, 10:18 PM
eCharchan

BTW US govt is planning one more consulate up in south INDIA, most probably in Banglore or Hyderabad. now there goes one more advantage of poona(being near to bombay for H1 and B1 visa processing)

Old November 15th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby_baby
To give an analogy Silicon Valley has not moved out of CA inspite of best efforts from Governors of more than a dozen states. This is inspite of the fact that the Valley suffers from high taxes, high cost of living, clogged roads etc etc. Same case is with Bangalore. Inspite of its many flaws it isnt going to lose its primacy in IT industry.
Either accept that you are all but a fortune teller or dont predict future the way you are. I feel that you are not even someone of the Bejan Daruwalla category you seem to be the guy with a parrot in a cage types!

Your stupid statistics have never proven themselves right. So we would rather venture into the future and see for ourselves what happenes rather than believe what your popat(parrot) says.

Bangalore was a big boring city and now it has IT. Hyderabad was full of rocks and now it has MS (Incidentally CB Naidu stole Bangalores thunder from under it's nose).

So lets wait and see rather than believe what you have to say. Till then have Dharam Garam Sambar with Gowda Lau.da Idlis

I feel Bangalores glory has peaked and now it's on the downside of the sinusoidal curve. Your imagination is running wild where did Silicon valley of CA come into this? Are you comparing chalk with cheese or I'd say burgers with Idlis?
Old November 15th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

aby_baby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I feel Bangalores glory has peaked and now it's on the downside of the sinusoidal curve. Your imagination is running wild where did Silicon valley of CA come into this? Are you comparing chalk with cheese or I'd say burgers with Idlis?
Are you so thickheaded to see that I am not comparing Bangalore to silicon valley, but rather giving an analogy of how governors in that country tried moving companies to their state.

Governors of more than dozen states in US tried to move silicon valley companies to their states. Sounds familiar when Deshmukh tries to woo Infy to come out of Bangalore.

Silicon valley is still there in CA inspite of the problems there. Bangalore's IT industry still will thrive in Bangalore irrespective of the problems here.

BTW I believe you havent been able to give a single example of companies shutting shops and moving out of Bangalore. Till that happens I am sure Bangalore will occupy the leading position in India's IT industy will never be threatened.

Quote:
I feel Bangalores glory has peaked and now it's on the downside of the sinusoidal curve.
Hmmm how did you become the parrot of the roadside astrologer yourself You seem to be indulging in predictions yourself It is another matter that most of your predictions are gas rather than anything.

BTW how come you changed your spots so soon. Just a few months ago you were riling against NRN and his Infy gang. Now you are willing to lick his arse How can you do that. After all he is a southie remember who will come to exploit Maharashtra

Last edited by aby_baby; November 15th, 2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Lage raho.. South versus Norht versus West versus East....
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:25 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

viking bhai, i agree with you. maharastra is the greatest state in india and mumbai is the best city in india while bangalore (the bullshit city, like u said!), hyderabad (which is full of rocks and shit, as u mentioned above), chennai (full of dark skinny indians, according to you ) are full of crap and not even worth mentioning as cities and should have been in pakistan!! happy? now lets move on from this north-south hate and get to some peaceful discussions.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.

Last edited by rameshp; November 16th, 2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

IMO nobody will shut shops in B'lore and move to Maharshtra. I think Maharashtra should (and they are I think) concentrate on capturing growth of IT services giants like Wipro, TCS and Infy. What they should also target is US based product co.s which still does not have enough base in India. Pune is somewhat successful in getting attention from US based ISVs recently. Co.s like Nvidia, Amdocs and small co.s like Storability have setup their off-shore locations in pune. This year’s trend shows that a significant number of US-based parent IT companies are showing a preference for Pune as their Indian base. Of the 60 firms registered with STPI (Mah) between April and October this year, more than 20 are US-based IT majors.

Also we have example of off-shore devlopment center of worlds 4th largest ISV (Veritas - now Symantec Corp) which is running in pune for almost 7-8 years now.

Other positive point (which may not last forever) is low attrition rate in pune (5-10%) as compared to B'lore (almost 70%)

While Nashik could be interesting choice, according to P. Venugopal, director (Maharashtra), Software Technology Park of India (STPI) : "After the heavy rains which lashed Mumbai on July 26, the STPI had tried to convince some IT firms to consider these locations, but the interest shown was momentary".

And IMHO whether it is Kannad goons or ShivSena, this is non-issue with respect to IT industry growth.

Last edited by ShivSainik; November 16th, 2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
IMO nobody will shut shops in B'lore and move to Maharshtra. I think Maharashtra should (and they are I think) concentrate on capturing growth of IT services giants like Wipro, TCS and Infy. What they should also target is US based product co.s which still does not have enough base in India. Pune is somewhat successful in getting attention from US based ISVs recently. Co.s like Nvidia, Amdocs and small co.s like Storability have setup their off-shore locations in pune. This year’s trend shows that a significant number of US-based parent IT companies are showing a preference for Pune as their Indian base. Of the 60 firms we registered with STPI (Mah) between April and October this year, more than 20 are US-based IT majors.

Also they we have example of off-shore devlopment center of worlds 4th largest ISV (Veritas - now Symantec Corp) which is running in pune for almost 7-8 years now.

Other positive point (which may not last forever) is low attrition rate in pune (5-10%) as compared to B'lore (almost 70%)

While Nashik could be interesting choice, according to P. Venugopal, director (Maharashtra), Software Technology Park of India (STPI) : "After the heavy rains which lashed Mumbai on July 26, the STPI had tried to convince some IT firms to consider these locations, but the interest shown was momentary".

And IMHO whether it is Kannad goons or ShivSena, this is non-issue with respect to IT inductry growth.
Perfect! This is what said here . You have indeed put in very good statistics. So the Banglorians can rest on their past laurels (initial investment which could remain there) and we Punekars can bring in new investments and NOT make the same mistakes like those of these Bangloreans
Old November 16th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dream on while you chew on your Idlis
Quote:
and slurrpp on Rasam and lick your forehands clean of the spilling Sambar!

Quote:
Sambar slurping
Quote:
Dharam Garam Sambar with Gowda Lau.da Idlis

Viki, I like your arguments coz. sometimes you bring the best (or worst) out of the other person. You have the tact, I give you that. But saheb, plz leave the food out of the discussion. I love food, whatever kind, northy, southy, eastie, westie and food ke maamle mein mazaak maskari hame bilkul pasand nahi. I know that you also like Idli and Sambar (I know, tastes change sometimes ). For that matter, I will get on anyone else too for making fun of "my" food.
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

If all of you in the Sambar versus Makke De Roti fight have a moment then please read this http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21796
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR

Viki, I like your arguments coz. sometimes you bring the best (or worst) out of the other person. You have the tact, I give you that. But saheb, plz leave the food out of the discussion. I love food, whatever kind, northy, southy, eastie, westie and food ke maamle mein mazaak maskari hame bilkul pasand nahi. I know that you also like Idli and Sambar (I know, tastes change sometimes ). For that matter, I will get on anyone else too for making fun of "my" food.
Of course I like idli and Sambar. In fact we used to make idlis for breakfast even at home. Nowadays we buy it from an anna vendor who brings them with coconut chutney. I can never deny that I still love Idlis.
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

infosys is already there in pune

i think next to b'lore...pune has the highest infosians.....
Old November 16th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Ass Kicker

Thumbs up Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
BTW what happened to your "maharashtra is only for marathies crap"
Maharashtra has always been on the side of the oppressed. When the Mughals were tormenting Indians it was Maharashtra who produced a great emperor called Shivaji who fought against the Mughal oppression and freed India.

Today there is oppression from the dravidian thugs on innocent software workers in Karnataka. Even this time I assure Maharashtra will stand by the opressed and will help them by way of inviting investments. All software enggs irrespective of designations,regions and castes are welcome to maharashtra Talent being the only pre-requisite.

Fight oppression ... come to Maharashtra. Land of Shivaji and saffron flag.
Jai Maharashtra.